2007 Expedition EL 2wd Limited Bad Vibration, Rough Firm Ride, Bouncy Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whats the procedure for swapping em out, without watching huge long videos?

Loosen bolts, jack up body?

Gamecock

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One thing that just came to mind. If you have rear air suspension don't you have to do something to "lock" it before doing this so you don't damage the air bags. I've never messed with it so just asking.

OP
OP
Jay1

Jay1

Reaction score
I don't have Air Suspension on Mine. But.... I would think your suspension on the truck won't allow it to travel too far to damage anything. The Suspension should only travel so far at all times.

I used about 8 solid 2x4's Stacked up against the pinch weld of the body(right where the running boards mount) And a Standard size floor jack. Went as high as it would go and it was JUST enough. Used a couple jack stands to make it Safe. Got it done ASAP then let it down to install bottom part of mounts.

ALSO One More side Note: The rear bumper has 2 push rivets that fasten it to the frame! Ya may want to remove those. Mine ripped at the seem due to the body lifting away from frame.