2010 SSV advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A family member fell in love with my Expy and wants to up grade from her Buick Encore to an Expy. Safety is biggest reason. They found a grey 2010 Expy SSV 4wd, 79k, clean vehicle history, good maintenance records and in very good condition: asking price is $12,800. I think she can work that to around $11,500.

What say the hive? I say go for it, but I am 800 miles away and can’t test drive it/look it over.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Very bad price imho.

Mileage IS very low but sheeeet.... the whole point of SSVs is you can buy them for 3-4-5-6k

Also expect to blow another $1k or more and a day on a full interior swap to get decent seats.

If she's spending 5 digits on a 2010, tell her to look at a Navigator

PS 4wd is not a feature afaik all ssvs come with 4wd, skid plates, steering column shifters with tow/haul button, no running boards, no third row

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kind of agree with adieu with my limited knowledge on SSVs. Where I live you can buy an expy in very good shape for under or around 10 grand. There is a 2008 pearl white limited for sale by me right now for a little north of 8k, that being said it’s got 160k on the clock. But the truck is meticulously clean in and out. But 7-10k is the average asking on early 3rd gens in Buffalo. An SSV is all base so that sounds a bit pricey but maybe not.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have her bring it to a local Ford dealer for a full inspection. Most SSV's have been used very hard. Well worth the money to verify if there are any major issues.

OP
OP
U

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The seller is a private owner who bought it from a Ford dealer in 2012 with 32k on it. Has had 17” premium rims, interior doesn’t look like the stripped down version. Didn’t see the shifter, so can’t comment on it.

Truck is in Connecticut, which has high vehicle prices anyways.

Has the optional 3rd row, xlt running boards, cloth 2nd 3rd row, full stock center console up front and no holes drilled anywhere.

Last edited:

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most, but not all SSV have column shifter, and most but not all are 4WD.

79K on a 2010 is pretty low and the asking price is a great place to start, so I think she found a good one pending inspection. There are plenty of XLT's that were government use, so perhaps the SSV nomenclature is being used in error. Of course the seller doesn't need to know this.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish all these trucks had a column shifter, they are after all, trucks.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow. There's a '10 EL limited 4x4 near me, with 154k on it, and they're asking $14,900...

Been interested in seeing if he'd do a trade on my 08, but looks like the price would need to drop a fair amount, based on what y'all are saying.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prices are different everywhere, this is a good example of a listing for my area. They are a dime a dozen in western New York but they’re great vehicles.
7B98076D-81A4-44DF-AD04-BE8B89E67025.png

Last edited: