2014. OEM tranny cooler as big as radiator...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmden

Reaction score
I do not have the HD tow option. Installed my own brake controller. But following the tranny lines it loox like they go into a tranny cooler in front of the engine radiator (which appears to be aluminum) that is as large in width and height as the engine radiator itself. The thing is huge. Am I looking at the right part? When you look through the grille, it's what you see there.

eddytheexpy

Reaction score
I believe that one is for your A/C. The one for your tranny is like ~4-5 inches tall if memory serves correctly.

OP
OP
J

jmden

Reaction score
So the transmission lines I'm following just go into the engine radiator, upon closer inspection, so the tranny cooler is integral to the radiator. Thanks. Initially, I think I confused the A/C lines running into the condenser with the tranny lines going into the radiator as they kinda come together there at the top driver side corner.

What do folks recommend for a aux tranny cooler? Am doing some towing now with a 3600-4200 lb trailer on the 6R80 tranny rebuilt at 100k (seems awful early to fail...), 15 k ago.