2016 EL chattering in LH turn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pennyanguy

Reaction score
Looking for a little help... 2016 Expo EL. My dad's (lives in Va and I am in NY).. about 60K miles. Has a chattering or wheel hop from the back when making a LH turn from stop.. not the front.. rear tires are both good and worn evenly... happens from a stop, turning left... more pronounced when going "uphill" to the left like when you come from a small road or driveway onto a major road that is higher and crowned... he says it almost feels like when you are 4X4 and you turn tight on pavement... Local to him mech wants to do a tranny flush...says he heard these require tranny fluid changes at 50K miles... I could see a differential fluid change... but not tranny... any insite... my Dad is not very mechanical and I dont want him to get taken... there is not a Ford dealer for 60+ miles so thats not an option.

Answer

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like your limited slip rear differential malfunctioning.

Snidley53

Reaction score
I had the same issue and my dealer replaced the clutch pack in the rear diff. My vehicle is a 2016 EL and was making similar noises. My vehicle was bought as a CPO and this was covered by the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty.