2018 Expedition HD Tow pkg potential upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
OP
OP

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just might need to test this limit tomorrow when it' dry!

Now that push bumper clearly kept you out of the 13s! Lol

You should review post #58, timeslip shows 13.55 ET, sights set on high 12's now

Last edited:

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We were both wrong, according to Car and Driver
Ford Expedition / Expedition Max Reviews | Ford Expedition ...

https://www.caranddriver.com › ford Rating: 3.5 - ‎Review by ERIC STAFFORD

0–60 mph. 5.9 sec. Horsepower. 400 hp. Top Speed. 115 mph. View 82 Photos. Tested Model: 2018 Ford Expedition Max 4x4

I was just going to say that I’ve hit 180km/h in mine (in Mexico) and it didn’t cut out. I was surprised as my f150 cut out at 160.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sweet deal!

Time to pull those middle seats out and the spare tire!

Nah, I'm not going that far with it. I'm only going to use what I already have. I saw something reviewing those videos of the dash, that has convinced me, had I had a couple more passes last night, the ET would easily have dropped another .25 EASILY.

The frame rate was 30/second, and yes I did go that far with it.

Combine that reduction with the other simple things, I've not done yet, turn BoostMax to 100%, get better gas, gap plugs. I am cautiously optimistic 12.99 might actually be possible next Friday.

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nah, I'm not going that far with it. I'm only going to use what I already have. I saw something reviewing those videos of the dash, that has convinced me, had I had a couple more passes last night, the ET would easily have dropped another .25 EASILY.

The frame rate was 30/second, and yes I did go that far with it.

Combine that reduction with the other simple things, I've not done yet, turn BoostMax to 100%, get better gas, gap plugs. I am cautiously optimistic 12.99 might actually be possible next Friday.

0-60 mph times in the 4's I would bet as well;)

OP
OP

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
0-60 mph times in the 4's I would bet as well;)

Funny you should bring this up.

The unfortunate angle I had the camera set at, as well as possible inaccuracy of the speedometer, versus timing lights, (though I could turn the digital speedometer next time out, but still not as accurate as timing lights), might have confirmed my un-tuned, but also not 100% stock Expedition may have already eclipsed 5 second mark and hit the "mythical" 4 second mark, and ended the skepticism of such a possibility on/in one of these, either lightly modified or with simply a tune, AND HD Tow Package.

It's really passed old, that this bear hasn't been put to bed yet, but such is the internet forum way.

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
Funny you should bring this up.

The unfortunate angle I had the camera set at, as well as possible inaccuracy of the speedometer, versus timing lights, (though I could turn the digital speedometer next time out, but still not as accurate as timing lights), might have confirmed my un-tuned, but also not 100% stock Expedition may have already eclipsed 5 second mark and hit the "mythical" 4 second mark, and ended the skepticism of such a possibility on/in one of these, either lightly modified or with simply a tune, AND HD Tow Package.

It's really passed old, that this bear hasn't been put to bed yet, but such is the internet forum way.

That video if you do a count from the moment the Speedo moves off 0 it's just a tad more than 5secs to 60.

In order to run a 0-60 in 4.994 you have to have 576hp at the flywheel in AWD weighing 6000lbs.

Last edited:
OP
OP

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That video if you do a count from the moment the Speedo moves off 0 it's just a tad more than 5secs to 60.

In order to run a 0-60 in 4.994 you have to have 576hp at the flywheel in AWD weighing 6000lbs.

The numbers you continue to post, much like those I've also posted from OBDLink MX, are estimates at best, conjecture at worst.
I really hope you do realize that fact.
Timing lights don't lie.
Relying on a reading from an analog gauge in which it is 100% impossible to determine an exact reading, due to angle of perception, is just as foolish.

Like I said in the my last post, I didn't want to bring it up, but @Mike Wolfe did, and it sort of opened the door. Even still, I was reticent of divulging what I thought to be the case, because it relies solely on perception/opinion, not facts. You obviously have a different perception based off whatever means you are using to draw a conclusion.

So if we agree all of this is nothing more than mindless gossip, at best, I'll do you one better still.
Using this particular calculator found online, which I've used in the past, and found reasonably accurate as far as 1/4 mile times. This is the first I've used it for this little side discussion, based on the 1/8 mile ET and MPH from the second run last night, using all places to the right of the decimal, it shows................... 0 to 60 time is: 4.74 seconds.
http://www.wallaceracing.com/0-60_equation.php

C'mon man, give up the ghost, @Mike Wolfe originally was quoted out of context completely, and from my personal first hand observation of essentially an identical truck, however his having had the benefit of shift point improvements, and other engine specific tuning, which I don't have on mine, I have no reason to doubt his 5* tuned but otherwise stock, HD Tow pkg Expedition can at least rip off a 4.9999 or better 0-60 time, in similar conditions.