2018 Expedition LED headlight conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Breaker

Reaction score
Any plans on changing your fog lights? You have 3 different colored lights on the front end now

Yes, trust me, my wife has already mentioned it multiple times. I ordered the wrong fogs from the manual specs, and haven't ordered the correct ones yet. On the turn signals for the front, if you want to go to switchback, which I have the bulbs, you have to add a resistor that gets like 300-400 degrees. I don't really like the idea of adding something like that. It also might void the warranty if it fries something. I will say, they do look cool though. If you don't mind the inside blinking fast, go for it without the resistor.

Andrew1984

Reaction score
All great reads on this forum. I have a 2018 Expedition Limited and I am also disappointed that it did not come with HID or LED headlights. For the amount Ford charges you would think that would be a standard feature. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the new LED headlight assemblies and have them installed in place of the halogen assemblies. Logically I would assume that there are different wires to connect but is it possible? I mean my 2013 VW CC (35k) vehicle has better lighting than my 2018 (60k+) vehicle which is embarrassing.

keny01998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just upgraded my 2019 XLT to LED. I was checking Super Nova V4 from Headlight Revolution and found out that Katana LED is the same but 1/3 of the price. Low beam is 9005 and I had to file down 3 tabs in able to twist and lock the buld. Didn't put the cover back on because it was running hot. I'm satisfied with the light output, no scatter light beam like other brands.

William Miller

Reaction score
I took the same path as Breaker (Thank you very much for posting videos on YouTube Breaker!) and I am very happy with the results. I am switching out the fog lights to LEDs early next week.

lurch

Reaction score
I took the same path as Breaker (Thank you very much for posting videos on YouTube Breaker!) and I am very happy with the results. I am switching out the fog lights to LEDs early next week.

Is that the "HIKARI Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit -H11(H8,H9)" on amazon for low beam and fog lights? What did you do for your high beams?

William Miller

Reaction score
Is that the "HIKARI Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit -H11(H8,H9)" on amazon for low beam and fog lights? What did you do for your high beams?

Yes Hikari HB3 for low beams and H11 for high beams. Serious night and day difference from the halogens.

I don’t think the Hikari H11 will fit in the fog lights due to there not being a lot of room behind the lens to fit the heat sink on the rear of the LED bulb. Going with the Alla H11 because it doesn’t have a large fan driven heat sink.

Last edited: