2018 to 2020 XLT differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi All
We have a 2018 EXPY XLT with 202 Package. hd tow, FX4, NAV, cargo package etc
Also has the adaptive cruise system
We will have about 60k on it in about 1 year
Have been considering trading it in for a 2020 equipped the same
However learned the stereo system has been downgraded form 10 speakers to 6
Also from what I can tell adaptive cruise is no longer available
Bummer
Would prefer not to get a limited to get the B&O system because then I am stuck with a VISTA roof
Would never use the VISTA roof
It only reduces headroom, could potentially leak & my head hits the ceiling in vehicles equipped with them
BUMMED
Has anyone upgraded the sound system on a vehicle with factory NAV etc

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
# of speakers doesn’t always equate to sound quality, the 2007-14 Expeditions use a 7 speaker setup and it knocks the socks off the 2015+ 10 speaker Sony system....just saying you might test drive and find out it’s actually better.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The b&o, though imperfect, is worth the upgrade. Look for a limited 300. The sunroof isnt std on limited 300, its optional, as well as most other high end features such as the park assist, adaptive cc, led headlights, and hd tow. They are rare though, its a rental car "trim" but its essentally a ltd you can cystom out if you order it.

fuelish

Reaction score
The b&o, though imperfect, is worth the upgrade. Look for a limited 300. The sunroof isnt std on limited 300, its optional, as well as most other high end features such as the park assist, adaptive cc, led headlights, and hd tow. They are rare though, its a rental car "trim" but its essentally a ltd you can cystom out if you order it.

My 2018 Limited is a 300a with driver assist, nav, LED, HD tow options but since it's not a 302 it does not have a pano sunroof. I bought it off a dealer lot after searching for pretty much just those options. I wanted a limited but did not want a sunroof.

aporthole

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The leather is no longer leather in the XLT with 202a. It is the synthetic active-x. No CD player and no side-wall push buttons to tip/slide the 2nd row outboard seats for 3rd row access.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hate the sunroof but I’m 6’6.5” and have zero headroom issues. Even with a hat. Very much wish the car companies would stop cramming these damn holes in perfectly good roofs on us.

Julio Walker

Reaction score
The leather is no longer leather in the XLT with 202a. It is the synthetic active-x. No CD player and no side-wall push buttons to tip/slide the 2nd row outboard seats for 3rd row access.
And, my 2020 XLTdidn’t come with thee adjustable pedals....the steering wheel feels terrible compared to my ‘18 XLT...