2019 Expedition Auto Stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rufus4bz

Reaction score
I already have one in my '19 Expy, but just purchased another for a Ford Fusion to give to a family member. Use the coupon code "FBFORD" you will get a $13 discount. Merry Christmas!

Bow512

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Only issue with the Forscan route is that you get a battery management message in the instrument cluster every time you start the car.

What message are you referring to? I turned mine off with Forscan the day after delivery and I don’t get any messages on startup (that was a year and a half ago).

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I purchased the plug version. Takes 2 seconds to plug in. It also takes two seconds to unplug if for some reason I wanted to remove it. Why would anyone get the harness instead? I guess if you needed that plug for some other device?

It’s just my preference not to have anything plugged into the OBD port. With the harness it’s 5 minutes and you’re good for the life of the vehicle. They probably made the plug for folks that aren’t comfortable popping off the dash and turning a wrench a couple of times. Smart of them! I also use Forscan so need the port every now and then. Also when you take it for service you have to remember to unplug. I’d forget...

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After install and Auto Stop is turned off, does the light stay off on the button?
It functions the same as it does before the autostop eliminator, it just remembers what was chosen. So when you want auto stop off, off stays lit, and if you want auto stop on for whatever reason, it stays unlit.

RDDriver

Reaction score
Perhaps I misunderstand the original post but there is a menu driven option to turn off the ASS by default in addition to the top right dash switch which I use to manual disable occasionally as I have gotten used to the ASS.

OP
OP
C

CBlasek

Reaction score
Perhaps I misunderstand the original post but there is a menu driven option to turn off the ASS by default in addition to the top right dash switch which I use to manual disable occasionally as I have gotten used to the ASS.
There isn’t an option for that in my 19. The remove auto off in advanced settings remove the idle turn off according to ford service advisor.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There isn’t an option for that in my 19. The remove auto off in advanced settings remove the idle turn off according to ford service advisor.

Correct.

“AUTO ENGINE OFF” in the ADVANCED/VEHICLE menu changes the duration after which the engine will shut off if idling in park.

“AUTO START/STOP” just shows you the status of the system, e.g. why it’s not turning off when stopped, is it working normally, etc.