2019 major rebates gone?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drew47000000

Reaction score
We bought a XLT 202a back in November last year. At the time there was $9780 in rebates for xlt and only $1000 or so for limited and above. Needless to say it put the XLT in our driveway.

Lately I’ve seen lots of posts about about new owners of limited and platinums in the fb groups I follow. Found out that ford raised the rebates on limited and platinum to around $10k.

Went to our dealer a couple days ago to see how much difference it would be to trade our XLT with 2000 miles in on a higher trim and was told the rebates have just expired this past week.

My question is how does ford expect to clear remaining inventory of 19s without rebates, especially now that we’re in March and tons of 2020s have arrived. Doesn’t make sense?

Were actually really happy with our vehicle but I’ve seen so many people recommend the MAX it’s made me reconsider getting it even though we only have 2 kids. Found out it’s still shorter in wb and length than my Raptor so it can’t be that bad to deal with in parking lots. The added creature comforts would be nice too.

Sorry for the long post. Happy Saturday

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You will get CRUSHED on a trade in, especially trading a lower unit for a higher unit. I'm betting thats a 20-30K trade up!

Ford changes the incentives typically monthly..... I bought mine the day the rebate ran out and it was last day of the month.

OP
OP
D

Drew47000000

Reaction score
Wow! 20-30k?! It was a 10-15k difference upon initial purchase and that was because of what I mentioned about the rebates. The xlt had about $10k and the limited was only $1k.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah you’ll get knee cappped. The rebates come out monthly and will be back. I watched for a year before buying and sometimes they got extended right away or before. I looked at the ford web site and seemed to know more than the local dealers about the current incentives

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Between rebates and the dealers price being lower than MSRP by thousands we ended up getting about $15,000 or $16,000 off our ‘19 Max Platinum in November ‘19 along with 0% for 72. I wasn’t interested in an Expedition at all originally, we were looking Navigator L Reserve. But nobody had one, and no incentives to speak of so the price difference I think was around $25-30K more not counting the finance difference. I just couldn’t justify that big a difference so we ended up with a Max Platinum. The interior isn’t as nice as the Grand Cherokee Summit I had, but it’s passable. If looking at an SUV this big I figure you might as well just get the biggest. We have 2 kids as well, but also have family, friends, and a large dog. So the extra space is a MUST.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow! 20-30k?! It was a 10-15k difference upon initial purchase and that was because of what I mentioned about the rebates. The xlt had about $10k and the limited was only $1k.

Ya probably closer to $30K. They're gonna dock you $15-20K on your trade from new and then the new ones probably $10-15K more, so there's your $30K difference. You can't trade these vehicles often and not take a big hit.

OP
OP
D

Drew47000000

Reaction score
I did. Had a Tacoma back in 2012. Kept it for 6 months. Put about 6k miles. Traded it in losing only $1k on a new F150 which I bought on A plan. That’s an extreme situation but still I read another post about how someone had a similar situation trading their 4 runner in on an expedition.

RPS99SHO

Reaction score
I did. Had a Tacoma back in 2012. Kept it for 6 months. Put about 6k miles. Traded it in losing only $1k on a new F150 which I bought on A plan. That’s an extreme situation but still I read another post about how someone had a similar situation trading their 4 runner in on an expedition.

I traded a 2016 4Runner with 43k miles for my 19 Limited Stealth. I paid $34k for the 4R in 2016. I got $30k in trade for it last weekend. I'm sure my Expedition has lost that much value already.