2021 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tom:

I hate to disappoint you, but it looks like the de-content boys at Ford stole your cover. It's listed as a 2020 part in Fordparts.com; but, NOT as a 2021 part. They were trying to cut costs to compete with the new Tahoe/Suburban.

My 2020 does have it.

Bob

John Mehmet

Reaction score
I am another 21 Expy purchaser with a naked engine bay. Your Ford Performance cover looks great under the hood. A lot better than the stock Expedition cover. Was it hard to trim off the passenger side to fit (what did you use)? Also, have you had any rubbing noises since you installed it? I would like to add the performance cover - just dont want to add any noises to it.

Thanks

John

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
John,

I trimmed it with my pocket knife it is soft foam with a rubbery coating on it. I have not noticed any noise you have all the attachment points on the intake so other than hitting some hoses on the passenger side it lines up perfectly and looks better than the stock one...

John Mehmet

Reaction score
Thanks Tom

I just didnt want to cause more problems for myself trying to dress up the engine. It sounds pretty easy to deal with. I had a 2016 F150 Platinum with a cover that was as boring as the stock Expy one. I always felt underwhelmed when I opened the hood. It seemed out of character with the rest of the truck.

Thanks,

John

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got it in . I had to order the pack of nuts separate. I was surprised that the cover is more foam like than plastic.

20210408_205553.jpg

03Cobra

Reaction score
What is the part number for just the nuts or does anyone know the size and threads needed maybe they could be found at lowes? I just got the ford performance cover for my 2018 f150 2 weeks ago and a couple of days ago bought a new 2021 expedition and noticed it did not have an engine cover now im thinking of using this cover on it instead if I can find nuts. Has anyone had any issues with the ford performance cover on their expedition?