2022 15 inch display going black, will not turn on after turning truck on and off a couple of times. Anyone know what I should do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silkdajatt

Reaction score
2022 15 inch display going black, will not turn on after turning truck on and off a couple of times. Anyone know what I should do?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

At the risk of sounding rude - take it to the dealer for repair under the vehicle’s warranty.

If you disconnect the battery cable(s) to “reset” the screen, you may erase any stored trouble codes.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Happened to mine when I was working on the car it went black and stayed black. Do a reboot.

I think its this
On the steering wheel hold the SEEK FORWARD and VOLUME DOWN at the same time.

This will reboot the screen and it should work.

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Happened to mine when I was working on the car it went black and stayed black. Do a reboot.

I think its this
On the steering wheel hold the SEEK FORWARD and VOLUME DOWN at the same time.

This will reboot the screen and it should work.
Can anyone verify this is the correct procedure or where the instructions are to initiate a reboot? Thanks!!!!

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score

3rd Expyowner123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2018 Sync 3 screen has done this several times. Many times it happens after picking truck up from service. I do have my settings for auto download for software updates and connected to my home wifi.
In any case, later the same day the screen would start up and sync would work normally.
Perhaps your 15” screen might behave in the same manner, and begin working without any a manual reset.

cw13

Reaction score
Help!!! same issue. 15” Screen is Black. Brand new vehicle less than 5k km. Have tried all the fixes above. Local dealer diagnosed in 15min and has ordered a new CPU. Back ordered… No delivery date available. Ford Customer Service said it could be a year!!!! Cabin AC is stuck on full. Vehicle is virtually undrivable as we get into cooler weather.

biddy

Reaction score
Help!!! same issue. 15” Screen is Black. Brand new vehicle less than 5k km. Have tried all the fixes above. Local dealer diagnosed in 15min and has ordered a new CPU. Back ordered… No delivery date available. Ford Customer Service said it could be a year!!!! Cabin AC is stuck on full. Vehicle is virtually undrivable as we get into cooler weather.

Oh man that's terrible. Are they offering any other solution?