2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CGalex

Reaction score
Yes I ordered 11/21 as well. Built in March. Was supposed to ship out in June and has been delayed every single week, by one week ever since. My new estimated arrival is August 21-27 . I wish there was something more my dealership could do to help me out.
with that kind of delay ford and dealers should have a process to do all the paperwork to make purchase and people just travel to plant with receipt and pick up their new ride from storage yard.

Alex

OP
OP
C

carnevallemarcelo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, I ordered 11/2021. Was built in June 2022. Still awaiting shipment. Yeah I am sticking with it; since there is no better alternative. And I kind of need it as soon as possible because of family reasons
Yes - I ordered mine in 10/15 and created this tread back then. My car was built in June 21st and waiting transportation ever since. I really do not know if I will take it or not when arrives into the dealer, I have firmed up price through X plan and it all depends what kind of trade value I can get in my Expedition.

Jbouts2020

Reaction score
with that kind of delay ford and dealers should have a process to do all the paperwork to make purchase and people just travel to plant with receipt and pick up their new ride from storage yard.

Alex
I'm ready to make the trip from MI to KY to pick it up LOL, I will inquire with my dealership if it gets delayed into September, At this point I'm assuming its been sitting in the parking lot of the plant since March.

momcarx3

Reaction score
Ordered on 1/25
got this dreaded email on 3/18 and 8/19 (today)

what’s the possibility this will roll over into a 2023? Like will it really be over a year before I see the thing? I have no build date - no info- nothing.

Attachments

• 1DF471B9-ED69-4AED-8950-24FFB47104F4.jpeg
    1DF471B9-ED69-4AED-8950-24FFB47104F4.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

maxlim2022

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Alex
the potential issue with this is if the car has a slight defect or has flat tires or some other problem crept up during prolonged storage for several months. The dealership usually should do predelivery inspections to make sure things are OK prior to delivery of the car to the client. I do not know if Ford wishes to do that on cars in the parking lot in the dealer's place.

CGalex

Reaction score
the potential issue with this is if the car has a slight defect or has flat tires or some other problem crept up during prolonged storage for several months. The dealership usually should do predelivery inspections to make sure things are OK prior to delivery of the car to the client. I do not know if Ford wishes to do that on cars in the parking lot in the dealer's place.
with current trucker shortages they should develop a process that once it rolls off the line and clears testing and post assembly checks they could offer a customer pickup with a checklist/sign off the customer has to perform with Ford rep and on your way you go. would negate destination/delivery cost. does away with expending work on arranging shipment. maybe a set window of 30 days once built and passes testing after that it goes in shipment queue. just seems a bit much to end up paying $1795 for destination/delivery for something that took months to actually ship unless people that end up waiting so long between built and delivered don't pay that? just a thought

wannabeMtb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes - I ordered mine in 10/15 and created this tread back then. My car was built in June 21st and waiting transportation ever since. I really do not know if I will take it or not when arrives into the dealer, I have firmed up price through X plan and it all depends what kind of trade value I can get in my Expedition.

Gah. I just heard that my delivery date got pushed to september end. It will have been in shipment for 4 months at this rate. Early june (built) to September end (delivery) !!

Last edited:

expygirl2022

Reaction score
Back on June 6th, ice-capades over at Blue Oval posted the following:

"Future vehicle orders may have the Hands-Free Power Liftgate Feature Delete option added to avoid any delays in scheduling. The option code for this feature delete is:
18D – Escape
96X – Explorer
98D – Expedition

Vehicles built with the Hands-Free Power Liftgate Feature Delete option will not be retrofitted to add the Hands-Free capability in the future."

I haven't seen any updates on that topic since so I assume that is still Ford's position.
Thanks for the info, that may be a deal-breaker for me.

Tyra

Reaction score
I have been researching how to read my window sticker. I received it on Thursday, 8/18 with a build week of 8/22. I don’t see a blend date listed anywhere? From what I read, that is the day my truck would be scheduled to be built? I do see a number as to what order I will be that day, 431 out of 2522 (according to what I’ve been told as to how to read the sticker). When do they populate the blend date?

expygirl2022

Reaction score
I have been researching how to read my window sticker. I received it on Thursday, 8/18 with a build week of 8/22. I don’t see a blend date listed anywhere? From what I read, that is the day my truck would be scheduled to be built? I do see a number as to what order I will be that day, 431 out of 2522 (according to what I’ve been told as to how to read the sticker). When do they populate the blend date?
Mine never had a blend date, went into production 7/29 and popped built on 8/15. Have you tried using the https://ordertrack.app ?