2023 platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi All.

Looking for insight into the typical break in period for our new 2023 (brought home today). In particular the drive quality. We test drove two different platinums at the dealer, and ended up getting the six spoke 22 inch wheels, and I swear there is more vibration in the steering wheel vs the alloy 12 spoke wheels. It’s not massive vibration, but I feel a vehicle of this caliber should be a bit more smooth. Has 250 miles at present from dealer. Is this just a break in phenomenon or is this potentially a balance issue I should look into?

sixstring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I dont have that model year but I was disappointed with the ride when I bought my 20. Same vibration. I would check the air pressure from the delivery. I found running the tires at 38-39 was a little smoother. The dealer had them at 44. I also had the tires rebalanced with a Road Force balancer. I ultimately replaced the hankook tires with pirellis at 5k miles. It eventually settled down or I got used to it. My vibration was at over 45 and could be felt in the steering wheel and I could see the vibration in a bottle of water in the cup holder.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My post from another thread:
I just read about this issue on another thread.
It appears that Certain newer years of Ford Expeditions had PermaSel Tire Puncture Sealant installed in their tires. This addon can cause the tire to get out of balance. I'm not sure if this is the issue with those who posted about high-speed vibration, but it very well could be the issue.
Read here: PermaSeal Tire Puncture Sealant

Rednecked

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the same issue at 85mph. Felt like a flinstone car. The battle with ford was impossible. Got nowhere. Took the car to discount tire. I bought the certificates for each tire. I had them road force balance and I ended up having 2 egg shaped tires. Discount swapped them out under warranty. All I good now!

OP
OP
Reaction score
Update: 3 defective General tires, replaced by dealer. This has improved the drive markedly. However, there is still quite a bit of road feedback. Almost feels like a suspension issue. I guess I was wrong to assume that the ride would be soft and pillowy but at a $90,000 price point I figured as much.