2025 ford expedition redesign

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Some of you will be happy, the max version is getting the off road trim as well according to these photos.
Actually the photos look like a regular wheelbase version, the extended wheelbase MAXes have much less of a wheel cut out in the 2nd row doors.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oops nevermind I saw the pics I was referencing and they are the lwb versions.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After driving vehicles with it, it's actually real useful.

It's actually super helpful when you cargo area is full and the mirror reflection is obscured.

I was watching a comparison video where on the expy, if you hit the camera button while driving, the rear camera feels the display on the main screen, does it really do this? And if it does, for how long?

13:09

Last edited:

cooldude919

Reaction score
My wife is gonna be mad, if they give this thing an air suspension, hybrid engine, and do massage seats in the 2nd row, I'm trading my nav in quick fast and in a hurry.
I am surprised I havent seen more chatter online about a hybrid option. At minimum id think they would copy+paste the powerboost option. Maybe they are wanting to one-up it and go PHEV or something?. I see so many other variants being discussed!

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When the my22 was introduced, the engineers said something along the lines of there wasn't a demand for it. My question is, how would you kno lw if the engine wasn't even a year old upon introduction.

cooldude919

Reaction score
When the my22 was introduced, the engineers said something along the lines of there wasn't a demand for it. My question is, how would you kno lw if the engine wasn't even a year old upon introduction.
Silly engineers. I love my 2022 powerboost, and the ~22-23mpg city is great, who wouldnt want that vs the ~16 in the expedition? Hell whats an extra few thousand when the expeditions are at where they are anyway, so they could charge extra for the engine option, and play the green/mpg card also? I figure they will have some hybrid option, or they are just going to skip it all and go full EV, but if i recall the last articles, they will only be at "explorer" level size wise.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm surprised too when I saw a YouTuber say that was Ford's answer. It's as if they forget that people take these vehicles on road trips and camping. ProPower on-board with the hybrid battery would be amazing. You'd be able to power your campsite, or a small heater to heat up a bucket of water.

Honestly wouldn't even be that hard. In the cargo area, there is some hidden compartments underneath the "false bottom", which could totally be used for the battery and inverter, especially in the MAX version.

Makes me wonder if in the future they'll bring back the Excursion either as a full on EV or as a plug-in hybrid...

Last edited:

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm surprised too when I saw a YouTuber say that was Ford's answer. It's as if they forget that people take these vehicles on road trips and camping. ProPower on-board with the hybrid battery would be amazing. You'd be able to power your campsite, or a small heater to heat up a bucket of water.

Honestly wouldn't even be that hard. In the cargo area, there is some hidden compartments underneath the "false bottom", which could totally be used for the battery and inverter, especially in the MAX version.

Makes me wonder if in the future they'll bring back the Excursion either as a full on EV or as a plug-in hybrid...

Would be an awesome option. There are aftermarket guys who do use that space and setup inverters.
For ford, it’s just not a priority yet.
Also. I do not anticipate excursion coming back anytime soon.
Demand is too low, would it be great for the 50k people who tow and want a people mover, yea. But if it’s not breaking 40k sales a year and doesn’t have some serious competition, don’t bank on it. At its prime the excursion* was selling 50k in one year. About 30k and less all the others.
Took how long to get a bronco? And those are estimated to sell 100k per year.