2K Expedition Mystery Leak & Jingling Noise. Need To ID

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No body is disrupting your attitude After my first response to you in which you felt offended I haven't made any comments to you other than to reply to someone that made a comment and I put I liked it and a thank you. If you feel that you need to lower yourself and go back to dating mechanics so you can get free work in exchange for your favors then so be it. I really could care less where you live but knowing that information can help someone give you better answers For example if you live in a snow belt area that can create problems that may not happen in a sun belt area. But that is beyond you to comprehend and that is why shops take advantage of your lack of knowledge.

Also for you information Roxy1225 is a screen name and those that do know me it is Bob M

So to put an end to all of this I will say no more and leave you to your own problems

There is certain information that a new member can give to help others help them All I was asking was for you to give that information I care less about where you live or if you live in a cardboard box but it time if you stick around on this forum you will see the importance of that information. But I serious doubt that you will be here for long as your only concern is yourself. Maybe that is why you use to date mechanics (PLURAL)

They got tired of being used

Bob M
aka roxy1225 aka bedrck46

OP
OP
Lexi

Lexi

Reaction score
Found a spot and checked the fluids. I had them all changed/filled on Dec 1. As of Feb 13, they are all full but the oil is low. Trans is full. Power steering is full. Water/coolant tank is full. Wiper fluid's been out but that's not a priority at the moment.

With the cold spell coming through recently and then drastically warming up, that may account for whatever this jingling noise is - like kicking a chain link fence - and the metal shrinks and expands. It was doing it when I test drove it and as mentioned, it made it across the country and hasn't shown itself to be an issue so I keep going til it does. Just the other morning it was louder and more obnoxious than usual and when I got down to check, I happened to see a spray of fluid in several streams like a shower, pouring out of what appears to be the muffler tank right in the seam area on the end as shown in the pic. Unless there's something under there near the muffler that holds important fluids, and since all of them are full save but being low on oil, it seems it may have been a condensation event. We've camped awhile so the vehicle's been off for 2 weeks at a time, or a week, and maybe it was just build up and coincidence and neither are related...which I hope anyway but will still be checking into it.

It's due for an oil change again the end of March so I might go ahead and get it done sooner and while they have it on a rack get them to check out those bolts and swaybar and that stuff and fix adjust tighten or replace if they can.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try to get the truck scanned with an obd2 scanner, they are cheap enough now that most ppl that with on cars have them. Mine cost 20$ and will read any codes out that the engine bay be experiencing.

Again if you are traveling with family etc on the highway having a truck that is misfiring is a truck that shouldn't be on the road, because it will leave you broken down at some point, and you don't want that point to be when your are going uphill with a fully loaded truck and traffic on your bumper.

When I had the flashing check engine light my truck had over 200,000 miles and so had the original spark plugs and coil packs, 2 coil packs were no longer working so I was running on 6 cylinders, getting horrible milage and no power, hesitation, struggling to accelerate etc.

The spark plugs are one of the most vital things to be working properly in a vehicle.

Last edited:

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have a 4.6 or 5.4 liter engine? I've heard that doing the plugs and coils on 4.6 isn't too hard but I know from personal experience if you have a5.4 liter it's ateadious job and usually 7-8 hrs labor if no plugs break, so any mechanic will charge allot for the job, it's been my personal experience if you but any ford with a well used 5.4 engine, chances are the plugs and coils are original and need to be changed, that's why they are selling it.

Coil packs can be anywhere from 50-60 $locally each where I live, so times that by 8 and add 8 good spark plugs and 8 hours labor and we are easily in the 1500$ range.

That's why I learned to fix my own vehicles. I simply cannot afford to pay to have it done.

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't u just love ppl that sign up only because they want help for their own problems, don't like the advice they get, only listen to what they want, are rude to ppl then disappear.

That truck sounds like a piece of junk and don't worry about the check engine light flashing when going uphill, the shaking and hesitation means the truck is running perfect lol.