4th Gen Expy FORScan Modifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What's the latest post or document that consolidates 2018-19 Forscan updates?

I found 8 out of 10 items by digging through threads but the Search doesn't always work as well as it should...

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those that updated the Radio Logos, what is the on the APIM module called? I have a late model '19 Expedition with the newer APIM. Thanks!

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those with 18-19 XLT or Limited expeditions with the halogen headlights that want to swap to LED bulbs. Here are the codes that need to be changed in the body control module to prevent the low beams from flickering.

726-26-02xxxx****xxxxFrequency Select Cfg: 0=Type 0 (LED), 1=Type 1 (Halogen), 2=Type 2, 3=Type 3
726-26-02xxxxxxxxx*xxOutage Headlamps Cfg: 0=none, 1=both, 2=high, 3=low
726-27-010000xxxxxxxxFront Light Outage Detection Disable when adding aftermarket LEDs/HIDs in Halogen Bucket

726-27-02x*xxxxxxxxxxABM outage cfg: 1=outage, 0=no outage
726-27-02****xxxxxxxxLow Beam outage cfg: 1=outage, 0=no outage

jfreeman6

Reaction score
There is a 2020 Specific Thread...I suggest you post in that, at least I thought there was. Maybe all the discussion happened in the 2019 thread. Oh Well!

If you are using the newest Forscan all of the quick easy change stuff for the BCM will take care of most things.

The IPC is mostly the same, haven't compared it line for line to 2019 code. The BCM is COMPLETELY different. No coding from 18/19 should be used for the BCM. APIM has some small differences, but everything I have tried coding wise has worked. APIM has the easy coding/Drop down change option. I recommend using that.

All of it is visible to the dealer if they look. The APIM changes can be seen by Ford when Sync checks for updates. No dealer is going to care about the changes as long as you don't blame Ford for something not working when it was clearly you coding something wrong.

Also if they do module updates because of a bulletin or TSB from Ford, the changes could be wiped.

The Forscan Codes/Spreadsheet that covers 2015-17 and then 18+ Expedition does not support 2020s or 2021s.
I just had major issues trying to use the current Expedition sheet.
I then switched to the sheet for my 2020 F350 and it worked in my friends 2020 Expedition and my 2021 Expedition.
Something has changed and the current spreadsheet is really out-dated.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Forscan Codes/Spreadsheet that covers 2015-17 and then 18+ Expedition does not support 2020s or 2021s.
I just had major issues trying to use the current Expedition sheet.
I then switched to the sheet for my 2020 F350 and it worked in my friends 2020 Expedition and my 2021 Expedition.
Something has changed and the current spreadsheet is really out-dated.
And that has been documented MANY times, many months ago.

I DO NOT recommend using the Super Duty sheet for making changes. Contact FORSCAN support and get the version of FORSCAN that works for the 2020/2021 Expedition and gives you the drop down options. None of these changes are worth screwing up your module programming over.

You are welcome to message the current owner of the sheet via the sheet and tell him, or start your own.

I personally believe the sheets get people in trouble, who have very little clue what they are doing. Use the drop down. If you chose not to, you better be backing up the modules.

KSC 2019 XLT

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Expy XLT with Navigation and 202A package. Mfg date of Expy is Aug 2019. I have been trying to use Forscan in module APIM 7DO-02-01 to enable Navigation data entry while the vehicle is moving but so far no luck. Found a few codes in this thread to use including "5753" but it didn't work. Anyone had success and can provide the correct code?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Expy XLT with Navigation and 202A package. Mfg date of Expy is Aug 2019. I have been trying to use Forscan in module APIM 7DO-02-01 to enable Navigation data entry while the vehicle is moving but so far no luck. Found a few codes in this thread to use including "5753" but it didn't work. Anyone had success and can provide the correct code?
That is NOT what that setting does. It sets your location to basically England. Nav will work while moving for entry, but other things will be affected. The biggest one is E911, and any of the SiriusXM location based features. Sorry, this is a pet peave of mine. It is NOT Nav-In-Motion. It is setting the country where the vehicle is located.

It is actually in the drop down APIM settings.

CarPlay or Android Auto, maps will be up to date and entry options are easier. Just saying.

mdax21974

Reaction score
i also have a 2018 expy, i have forscann and the license, and the elm327
the spreadsheet i had showed bambi mode as bcm 726-11-01,which is evedently wrong, getting in dash service request and error codes, ie. bumper sensors,lane assist,all sorts of stuff.
i cant find the original values .if any one would happen to have the original values for bcm 726-11-01
i would greatly appreciate it
thanks in advance

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
i also have a 2018 expy, i have forscann and the license, and the elm327
the spreadsheet i had showed bambi mode as bcm 726-11-01,which is evedently wrong, getting in dash service request and error codes, ie. bumper sensors,lane assist,all sorts of stuff.
i cant find the original values .if any one would happen to have the original values for bcm 726-11-01
i would greatly appreciate it
thanks in advance
I have no idea what the original codes are...and this is why if you aren't going to back up the module, then you should use the configuration option with the drop down changes. It is called Fogs with High, and Lows with High. You should use the drop downs ANYWAY! For most settings they are available, and will prevent this. You just go reverse that one thing, and FORSCAN does the coding for you.

I have a 2020, otherwise I would pull my module info.

You need to also specify your model? 2018 XLT? Limited? Platinum? 4x4? Max? All of these can makes differences in the lines.

Dennis48755

Reaction score
Looking at the as built data for my 2018 Expedition Max Limited (4x4), it appears
726-11-01 should be 3039 3932 384B

Dennis

Last edited: