4x2 with 4x4 equipment?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m thinking you just got the wrong part installed in your center control area. I don’t have the tow package but I do have 4wd. Here’s what my panel looks like:

b0b69a9aed510efd01d0bcc27a332bf2.jpg

If you have extra buttons that don’t work, methinks they aren’t hooked up to anything and you just got an incorrect button assembly on the line.

EricExpedition

Reaction score
If they are not lighting up it sounds like the wrong panel may have been installed at the factory. Reference, FX4 no HD tow package: 2H, Rear Lock, 4A, 4L.

img_20180426_192205-jpg.24812

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is what will give you an answer. Stop the truck and put it in neutral and click 4L, then shift into drive. If the screen indicated it shifted into 4L and it takes more rpm to move you have a 4x4. Don’t do this prolonged just in a straight line in your driveway to test.

Eh? Since when do you have to be in neutral to shift your 4x4???

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its actually smart to do anytime. Why push it?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

DD777

Reaction score
If they are not lighting up it sounds like the wrong panel may have been installed at the factory. Reference, FX4 no HD tow package: 2H, Rear Lock, 4A, 4L.

img_20180426_192205-jpg.24812

That looks like my setup without the park assist buttons. The rear lock button is the only one that lights up when pushed.

EricExpedition

Reaction score
Whatever happened with this? Interested to know if this is another "quality control" issue from the factory.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Might've got something the dealer cobbled together from two vehicles they managed to screw up, or one vehicle they screwed up + random parts

Read one horror story about a guy who bought a new diesel BMW... and only found it had been solidly crashed by the dealership when the computer told him to go refill DEF, he took it to a shop... and the shop got real confused and then started googling.

Because the DEF fill port wasn't where it was supposed to be (rear bumper). On account of stealership having crashed the thing and mounted a replacement bumper from a different model, a gasoline car with no DEF and no port for filling it

Lol

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My uncle sent his Bentley Continental in for service a few years ago and one of the techs at Bentley smashed the car into the entrance of the service bay. They smashed it pretty fast too. Bentley called him up and said they were going to fix it themselves and not report it to any agency or insurance. Bentley did fix it perfectly though lol.

Last edited: