4x4 actuator on front wheels HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cecilbridge

Reaction score
4x4 actuator on front wheels seems to be acting in reverse. With Engine ON and switch in 2H, I’m getting vacuum to the actuator and the actuator is engaging the axle shaft. When I put it in 4x4, or 4AWD, there is no vacuum at the actuator, and the wheels spins freely without the axle engaging. I replaced the actuator and same problem. When I apply vacuum directly to the Actuator the ring gear inside retracted like it should. When I unplug the solenoid while in 2H, the vacuum stops and the wheel is spinning freely. From all the videos on YouTube, when vacuum is applied to the actuator, the wheels should spin freely and when there is NO vacuum, the actuator ring gear should expand and lock the axle.. mine seems to be working in reverse and I don’t know why. The solenoid seems to be working correctly because when in 2H there is vacuum and if I unplug the switch the vacuum stops. I’m stumped!! All help appreciated!!!
FYI - I took out the new actuator and when I apply vacuum, the ring gear retracts and when I release the vacuum, the ring gear expands back out, making me thing it’s GOOD!! Help please !!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire