5.4L Fuel Injector O Ring In Spark Plug Well

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JuniorExp03EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yupp you guess it. I wanted to have a little more wiggle room. Popped off the Fuel Rail and the O ring fell into the 3rd front to back #1 being front. on passanger side.

Any suggestions/ I tried diff regular sized picks and long needle nose pliers.

I tried to just shove the socket and just let it fall into the cylinder its rubber i figured it can be burned off and stays in the exhaust or something..

i thought about giving either a pick or the socket a blow torch and see if it will stick to it but then that would make a mess in the spark plug well.?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get a pair of long grabby retractors. They have a push button on end, and look like the claw thingy you use to grab the prize at carnival exhibits , but smaller. I'll see if I can post a pic. Saved my ass more than once.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JuniorExp03EB

JuniorExp03EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OMFG yeah i know what your talking about and those fuc*ers grab on tight huh!! THANKS Ima go get one and try it tommarow!

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just throw a towel down and use a blow nozzle to softly blow into the well until it pops out.

OP
OP
JuniorExp03EB

JuniorExp03EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah the claw tool didnt work. its to thick to grip it from the side. ima try the towel

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Plati

Reaction score
i thought about it. but what adapter would i use to go into the 4in hose.. thx

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
easy enough to find some tube and duct tape it into the 4"
done it before

I did the opposite one time to inject boric acid powder into a wall to kill carpenter ants
filled a tube with the powder, turned it on and in she goes
powder went a long way, some dust came out 6 feet downstream
dang carpenter ants didn't stand a chance

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
If you can still see it, just hook it with a bent wire. Bend a tiny hook on the end. Or wrap a wood dowel with some tape so the sticky side's outward and poke around.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is the spark plug in or out? I like the hunk of wire made into a u shape. So the thin grabber tool wouldn't get in there? You can get different sized adapters to shrink down your shop vac hose. Empty the inside before you start. That way you won't have to root around the dirt and gunk to find out if you sucked it up.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk