5.4L Fuel Injector O Ring In Spark Plug Well

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JuniorExp03EB

JuniorExp03EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is the spark plug in or out? I like the hunk of wire made into a u shape. So the thin grabber tool wouldn't get in there? You can get different sized adapters to shrink down your shop vac hose. Empty the inside before you start. That way you won't have to root around the dirt and gunk to find out if you sucked it up.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk
spark plug is in. i cannot see it its blavk. only way i found out was with an endoscope. thx alot guys!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your house vac has the typical hose on it you can just use some 3/8" clear tubing and use your hand to seal the tubing to the vac hose while you stick the other end into the sparkplug hole. At least with clear tubing ( Home Depot...) you can see the O-ring if it gets sucked into the tubing. Use a new vacuum bag and you can probably recover it if it makes it all the way into the vacuum.

OP
OP
JuniorExp03EB

JuniorExp03EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your house vac has the typical hose on it you can just use some 3/8" clear tubing and use your hand to seal the tubing to the vac hose while you stick the other end into the sparkplug hole. At least with clear tubing ( Home Depot...) you can see the O-ring if it gets sucked into the tubing. Use a new vacuum bag and you can probably recover it if it makes it all the way into the vacuum.
yeah i just tried 4in shop vac. completly forgot about the regulae house vac. will try it right. and i just happen to have some 3/8 clear, because i wanted to do a coolant flush too. thanks

OP
OP
JuniorExp03EB

JuniorExp03EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
3/8 ended up being the same size as the oring. going to try 5/8 id. my friend is comming over with a pair of long needle nose, claims he can pull it out.