5.4L Intake Manifold Amazon Product

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We'll quadi, I too was both a Ford , as well as Nissan mechanic back in your engine days. We're trying to help here. But coming back at us that are more than arm chair quarterbacks will only get the more experienced ones here to sit it out. We've given you examples from 3 of our best here. I'm going to sit the rest of this one out. We're one of the few forums that's nice to members, I tend to joke a little, it's just my way. Oh and by the way, I'm not 4 years, but 50 years working on Ford's since 1968. But that don't matter. Have a nice day, enjoy the holiday, Moose.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

osteodoc08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
He’s already made up his mind guys. He was trying to get us to make him feel better about his decision to get a non OEM part from an outsourced company with questionable QC. No skin off my back (or knuckles from wrenching on it again). I know what I’d choose.

TomB985

Reaction score
For a part like the intake manifold I would also choose OEM. The price difference of $40 just isn’t enough to justify the increased risk of having to do it again.

Gumbyalso

Reaction score
I have a 2000 EB 4x4 with the 5.4. Had it since new. Intake manifold cracked around 210K back near the firewall. I replaced it with the OEM part. Ford had made improvements to the original manifold and rolled the part number. I now have 312K and have had zero vacuum leaks since replacing the intake manifold. I recommend using the Ford part.

ACEXPY

Reaction score
When mine went on my 2000 expedition i even tried k seal which got me by for a week. This was few years ago but then the motorcraft part was $200 more. Didn't have the $ for it and labor charges. I went with cheapest one i found and buddy installed it for $150. Been good going on 20k miles so far. Motorcraft if you can but sometimes got to do what you can affford.