87 vs 89 vs 93 octane - my findings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That ratio is Never perfect, because conditions are always in play, hence why the 10Spd exists. Slope, load, and so forth. Shift strategy in these news Trans is out of this world on how many things it factors in. Things are not cut and dry as they used to be.

Welcome to the present...and not the past.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Not the past (I didn't have to put my age in the avatar), not gear ratios, overdrives, 20 speed trans, etc. it's the FINAL RATIO at freeway speeds and that hasn't changed from day one. You either have it dialed in correctly or you don't. Yes it is cut and dried, and I don't why you and the kid don't grasp it. It is beyond me why you 2 keep bringing up ratios, trans speeds, etc. I need to leave this alone now to preserve my sanity.........lol

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope. My local Track is still not open. Several others with times close to mine have videos out there in the ether if you look around.

For a while my Dragy app wouldn’t do the video option, that appears to be working now, so I might get another 0-60 run in the near future.

Damn Loki! My C6 Z06 would have a tough time with that Explorer! And I'd have to nail the launch perfectly - which is not easy on a 2006 6 speed manual.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn Loki! My C6 Z06 would have a tough time with that Explorer! And I'd have to nail the launch perfectly - which is not easy on a 2006 6 speed manual.

It is FUN! The advantage of RWD bias AWD and the 10Spd Auto is a GREAT combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not the past (I didn't have to put my age in the avatar), not gear ratios, overdrives, 20 speed trans, etc. it's the FINAL RATIO at freeway speeds and that hasn't changed from day one. You either have it dialed in correctly or you don't. Yes it is cut and dried, and I don't why you and the kid don't grasp it. It is beyond me why you 2 keep bringing ratios, trans speeds, etc.

In your analogy that is at freeway speeds on a magic road in TheoryLand. Hence why more gears generally improve MPG. You are keeping it in the sweet spot in more conditions, and possibility of lower RPM’s under more conditions. IT IS NOT all about final drive ratio when MPG is concerned in the real world.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In your analogy that is at freeway speeds on a magic road in TheoryLand. Hence why more gears generally improve MPG. You are keeping it in the sweet spot in more conditions, and possibility of lower RPM’s under more conditions. IT IS NOT all about final drive ratio when MPG is concerned in the real world.

Yes it is, I'm done, talk to the claimer of the 20 mpg's

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Funny that in all the years I have been in forums nobody has ever admitted they were wrong.:angels2:

I have admitted many times I am wrong on these forums. In the 3rd Gen Section it was @JExpedition07 that proved me wrong and taught me things several times. I learned. You have been around here a short time, and gotten in to it many times. I get you have experience, but sometimes the younger guys do know what they are talking about.

Maybe it just might be you that is wrong this time... [emoji848][emoji41]

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have admitted many times I am wrong on these forums. In the 3rd Gen Section it was @JExpedition07 that proved me wrong and taught me things several times. I learned. You have been around here a short time, and gotten in to it many times. I get you have experience, but sometimes the younger guys do know what they are talking about.

Maybe it just might be you that is wrong this time... [emoji848][emoji41]

No, not wrong but I'm done,,,,,,,talk to the kid with the 20 MPG's.