AC out again...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dennis_H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had the compressor, both orifice tubes, and condenser coil replaced in February. Had to tweak the refrigerant levels a bit when I got it back, but it has been fine. Started truck on Friday and had no cool air.

Was hoping (and expecting) it to be related to the compressor so I would get it fixed under warranty. No such luck. Apparently, one of the rear AC lines has been occasionally rubbing on the frame for quite a while. It finally wore a hole through the line. Mechanic had it on the lift and I could feel the line where it had worn a nice flat area and hole in it right under rear passenger door area. Of course it is a special order line and you have to take off everything to get to it to route it. Exhaust from manifold to muffler, heat shields, looks like front wheel inner fender, and who knows what else.

You may want to do a visual check that your lines are protected with some kind of rubber so it doesn't happen to you. The back looks like it had a nice bracket, but didn't see anything in the front. Verify they aren't touching the frame under rear passenger door.