Adaptive cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doktoroktobor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ha! That's a much better idea. No idea why my brain sent me RED LIGHT as the ideal scenario for a transmission test.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

doktoroktobor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Confirmed! It shifts into park upon opening the door with your seat belt off. Not that anyone other than me needed confirmation.

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Confirmed! It shifts into park upon opening the door with your seat belt off. Not that anyone other than me needed confirmation.

Actually it's good to know. Did you test whether you can leave the door open after it goes into park and put in back in gear and stay there? I've backed up many a time with it open to line up or look for something that was on the ground near the driver's side of the vehicle that the side mirror couldn't see. A large rock on the side of a driveway comes to mind and a tree stump on another time.

I'm betting this is a nanny safety feature to overcome those that have gotten out of their cars while still in gear causing an accident. I've seen a friend of mine chase his car once. Luckily he got back in before it hit something.

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually it's good to know. Did you test whether you can leave the door open after it goes into park and put in back in gear and stay there? I've backed up many a time with it open to line up or look for something that was on the ground near the driver's side of the vehicle that the side mirror couldn't see. A large rock on the side of a driveway comes to mind and a tree stump on another time.

I'm betting this is a nanny safety feature to overcome those that have gotten out of their cars while still in gear causing an accident. I've seen a friend of mine chase his car once. Luckily he got back in before it hit something.
I've tried that. With the door open and no seatbelt, the Expi shifts into park automatically as everyone states. I just reached over and shifted back into gear while still leaving the door open, where it stayed in gear until I shifted it into park.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I call this "the babysitter"!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Used the ACC for the first time in town today, I was really nervous and had to really try to resist the urge to brake every time.....but it worked like a charm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s so weird, feels totally wrong at first but having used it in traffic a few times now I don’t think I’ll ever go back.

Regan DeMello

Reaction score
It’s so weird, feels totally wrong at first but having used it in traffic a few times now I don’t think I’ll ever go back.

Me neither! And I only used it on the Northside of Spokane, I can imagine how useful it would be in a larger town

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Me neither! And I only used it on the Northside of Spokane, I can imagine how useful it would be in a larger town

Hey! A fellow Spokane resident! I'm near Bigelow/Argonne.
I use my ACC on the freeway and outside of town as well. Generally don't use it in town that much as people are unpredictable and I don't want to follow them through the red lights.
Cool thing I liked was how amazing the cruise control handled the roundabouts! I expected it to be jumpy and heavy on the throttle when the car in front was at enough of an angle that it wasn't in front of me anymore. Nope! The Expedition handled it like it was programmed specifically for easy going driving.

Regan DeMello

Reaction score
Hey! A fellow Spokane resident! I'm near Bigelow/Argonne.
I use my ACC on the freeway and outside of town as well. Generally don't use it in town that much as people are unpredictable and I don't want to follow them through the red lights.
Cool thing I liked was how amazing the cruise control handled the roundabouts! I expected it to be jumpy and heavy on the throttle when the car in front was at enough of an angle that it wasn't in front of me anymore. Nope! The Expedition handled it like it was programmed specifically for easy going driving.

Nice! But I’m actually outside of Spokane in Deer Park. Our roundabouts are too small to try the ACC lol