Adaptive cruise resets to 85 mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's a stretch on 66 outside of DC where the limit is 55 and the toll lanes running along it to the left are 70 — I initially had the tolerance set at +9 but quickly turned it off completely when the truck would zoom up to 79 when it read a toll road speed sign and I was driving in the 55 lanes.
Yeah, had similar. They are close enough to trigger the camera. I leave it on. It isn't that often that I am in an area that triggers that. If it was a regular occurrence, I would turn it off.

JAMADOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's a stretch on 66 outside of DC where the limit is 55 and the toll lanes running along it to the left are 70 — I initially had the tolerance set at +9 but quickly turned it off completely when the truck would zoom up to 79 when it read a toll road speed sign and I was driving in the 55 lanes.
I get that in a few places here on my commute, in my Explorer. Our Expy doesn't have the Intelligent ACC.
Usually it's the opposite though, the center HOV drops to 45 in 2 places on my commute & the ACC will drop from 70 to 50...Thoroughly confused me the first couple times until I figured it out. Just a light press on the gas & Set+ to put it back to 70.