Adding BLIS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, I have that document and read it over a couple of times. I suppose it is possible the BCM needs bits activated but seems strange to me that you would need to do that. When you installed your modules into the Fusion, you could still see left and right before changing the BCM correct? Or even before changing the VIN?

You're correct, ... in the Fusion they were recognized almost instantly before any hex change was made. The hex changes made the error messages and DTCs go away.

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did your SUV have existing BLIS wiring or did you have to add all the wires yourself ?

Ken Speulstra

Reaction score
Did your SUV have existing BLIS wiring or did you have to add all the wires yourself ?

Added myself. I have even reverted to creating a breakout cable for both modules right at the OBD2 port just to make sure I didn't wire something stupid. Same results. BTW, the modules I have come from a 2017 Taurus and 2014 Fusion both have the same part number. I loaded the As Built data for a Platinum on each module. (both modules only differed by one byte in the configuration at location 7C4/7C6-07-01) One other thing I forgot, under the module information, the SODR shows up but there was no Strategy or Part Number information listed. Not sure if that is significant.

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correction, 2014 Edge

You definitely want DG1T and not DS7T

Only reason I asked about the wiring is because I've reversed the polarity on the CAN wires by mistake a couple of times on some of my projects in the Fusion :)

Ken Speulstra

Reaction score
You definitely want DG1T and not DS7T

Only reason I asked about the wiring is because I've reversed the polarity on the CAN wires by mistake a couple of times on some of my projects in the Fusion :)

I have the DG1T for both. Actually the harness I used to install the modules comes from a 2010-2012 fusion but I had to rearrange the pins for proper pinout.

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the DG1T for both. Actually the harness I used to install the modules comes from a 2010-2012 fusion but I had to rearrange the pins for proper pinout.

Sounds like you've done everything the right way but there's still an unknown bug.

I finally got my driver BLIS mirror glass in the other day. So I will be trying this out next week.

I'll report back my results.

Ken Speulstra

Reaction score
I actually have a hard time believing that these modules are really that different from each other with the exception of connector type, module position, or radar configuration. I would think if you even used the DS7T, it should still work. (if the led is still driven by the pin and not a driver or passenger door module)

Ken Speulstra

Reaction score
Sounds like you've done everything the right way but there's still an unknown bug.

I finally got my driver BLIS mirror glass in the other day. So I will be trying this out next week.

I'll report back my results.

I plan to run my own LED on the door trim. Mirror is way more money than I care to spend. I hope someone else will see these new posts and say do this and it will work. I am all ready in a couple hundred and don't want to give up.

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I actually have a hard time believing that these modules are really that different from each other with the exception of connector type, module position, or radar configuration. I would think if you even used the DS7T, it should still work. (if the led is still driven by the pin and not a driver or passenger module)

I also share that belief but in terms of part number integrity it's nice to keep it "Factory"

and possibly the firmware version loaded on different ford model (BLIS module) could present some compatibility issues with the rest of the network (which isn't very complex on the 15-17 Expedition .. Ha !)