Adding Center Console or Seat to First Row. 3rd Gen.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

penseb

Reaction score
I too just bought a 08 that was once Homeland Security fleet. I picked up a console from a salvage yard ($100)and started looking to install it today. Seems there is some mount that the console bolts to that I do not have. I'll call the place next week to see if I can get that. I'd love a picture just to see where the harness is, they cut it getting it out then gave me the connectors. Really want the console controls to work but I don't even know if the vehicle side of the harness is even there. I'll be picking up the third row and seat belts within the next few weeks.

View attachment 18716
I just cleaned out the console that was included with the King Ranch interior I purchased for my 2008 SSV and discovered the wiring harness was included... After I had already purchased a brand new one. Go figure. Its part # 7L1Z-14A318-AA. Would you like to purchase the new one from me? Sealed in the OEM bag.95207a035ea1cae83f35cd0c7e9d3e22.jpg6eebae9110c82ec97aebdedd871e853e.jpg

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

penseb

Reaction score
How much did you pay for your SSV truck?

My '09 w/157k mi cost me $4600
You got a good deal. Better than I got here in Cali. $8600, 74k. Low mileage and clean of bill from my mechanic sold me!

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You got a good deal. Better than I got here in Cali. $8600, 74k. Low mileage and clean of bill from my mechanic sold me!

Low mileage though...80k miles more lofe is worth the $4k

Regarding the 3rd row mounting you asked about:

2017-06-01 13.04.14.jpg 2017-06-01 13.04.41.jpg

penseb

Reaction score
Low mileage though...80k miles more lofe is worth the $4k

Regarding the 3rd row mounting you asked about:

View attachment 20479 View attachment 20480
Thank you for those pics that will be exactly what I need to finish the project this eve.

Here is a pic of the wire in the back smartbox I tapped for the 3rd row seat wiring harness. I cut a wiring harness out of a Zombie 2010 Navigator. The wire is the thick bright purple one in the center of the left column. Once connected here, it was plug and play! I hope this helps you.

Thanks for your help.bebf01d2a13a883ebd3c43b2340d2cb0.jpg

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Newer model XL trucks have a center console. Also check out consoles from the F250 with column shift. EDIT: The center console from the 2016 EL XL looks just like the 2nd row console from the Navigator!
Expy XL Column Shift.jpg F250 steering wheel.jpg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you for those pics that will be exactly what I need to finish the project this eve.

Here is a pic of the wire in the back smartbox I tapped for the 3rd row seat wiring harness. I cut a wiring harness out of a Zombie 2010 Navigator. The wire is the thick bright purple one in the center of the left column. Once connected here, it was plug and play! I hope this helps you.

Thanks for your help.bebf01d2a13a883ebd3c43b2340d2cb0.jpg

Purple wire tapped to where??

penseb

Reaction score
Purple wire tapped to where??
I pulled a wiring harness for the 3rd row seat from a 2010 Nav.... That purple wire is constant power. I also pulled the entire back quarter panel cover that has the two buttons/switches for raising and lowering the seats. I used this purple wire as power, grounded the harness, hooked it up to the switches and the seat motors. Worked!

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you wired your 3rd row folding seat to a power source that's hot at all times, you've bypassed a safety feature. The seats are not supposed to operate unless the vehicle is in park and the rear liftgate is open. Power for the seats is meant to be routed through a relay that's controlled by the SJB.

Also, the power for the 3rd row comes from a dedicated circuit with a hefty 40A fuse that's not used for anything else in the vehicle, so I'm guessing those seat motors have a rather high current draw. The power source needs to be able to handle that load.

Just FYI and FWIW. . .

Ryan Gaschler

Reaction score
I just got a 2015 ssv with 3rd row delete, I'm wondering if the wiring gor the seat motors and switch are present in the deleted models, I have found seats and all hardware.