Aftermarket running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I have an OEM pair of the stationary ones from an 08 XLT if you are interested. They are plastic probably with a steel core.

The railroad takes them off their trucks for extra clearance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Drmayer88

Reaction score
I have an OEM pair of the stationary ones from an 08 XLT if you are interested. They are plastic probably with a steel core.

The railroad takes them off their trucks for extra clearance.

Are they for an EL? Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Drmayer88

Reaction score
I spoke to the guys at running board warehouse, and they said their offering isn't compatible with vehicles with power running boards. Obviously i would remove the power boards first.

He stated that the mounting bracketry they provide wouldn't work. Sounded like the mounting points on the vehicle are different based on factory board type.

anyone have any experience with this?

gymfamily5

Reaction score
Yep i added these to my 2011 max. They look great and work awesome. Mine had electric boards at one time. Had to tap one of the mounting holes on each side. Love the way they look.

OP
OP
D

Drmayer88

Reaction score
Yep i added these to my 2011 max. They look great and work awesome. Mine had electric boards at one time. Had to tap one of the mounting holes on each side. Love the way they look.
Happen to have a picture of them installed?