aftermarket towing mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have the $250ish ones from Trailridge / 1A Auto (manual fold, manual extend, no turn signals no reflectors) that seem to be styled after recent years' F150 factory optionals.... so far so good.

Lenses are pretty nice.

Bolted down tight doesnt seem to shake or anything.

View attachment 22217 View attachment 22218

Powerfold woulda been nice to have though....and the double price for Expedition mounts (F150 base is a different shape) is kinda annoying

Also I daresay they ought to stick a reflector on it or chrome it, probably easy to not notice it protruding off a parked/oncoming truck at night

Do they sell the turn signals for these mirrors separately? I see they are trying to charge $100 more for just that feature. Looks like that plastic cap pops out.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder if there is a way to adapt them to the expedition base. It might take machining some brackets out or aluminum.

I wish there was a motorize the Trailridge mirrors. I'd probably add a chrome painted shell to the top half of the mirror to simulate the stock.

I looked into it for a while cuz the price was ******* me off and I liked the features on cheaper F150 and F250 stuff on Amazon better.... wanted to see if I could modify something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01F...mirror+cap&dpPl=1&dpID=518DcUyHkJL&ref=plSrch. (NOPE too much of a PITA)

the process is ridiculous, unreversible and labor intensive, some dude actually did it and it involves redoing the whole mount, even the studs were different AFAIR

Ended up just buying trail ridges.

Do they sell chrome caps somewhere for em?????

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked into it for a while cuz the price was ******* me off and I liked the features on cheaper F150 and F250 stuff on Amazon better.... the process is ridiculous, unreversible and labor intensive, some dude actually did it and it involves redoing the whole mount, even the studs were different AFAIR

Ended up just buying trail ridges.

Do they sell chrome caps somewhere for em?????
I saw chrome caps somewhere for mirrors that look like those but it has been a while ago. It might have been Autoanything.com but I don't remember for sure.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do they sell the turn signals for these mirrors separately? I see they are trying to charge $100 more for just that feature. Looks like that plastic cap pops out.

I think they actually do.... doesnt come with a connector, at least in the picture, thoughScreenshot_2017-11-13-20-17-49.png

Screenshot_2017-11-13-20-15-35.png

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If any of you 2nd or 3rd gen owners that upgraded to aftermarket tow mirros still have their factory mirrors and want to sell them- shoot me a PM.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If any of you 2nd or 3rd gen owners that upgraded to aftermarket tow mirros still have their factory mirrors and want to sell them- shoot me a PM.

I have the SSV/XLT ones (all black) w/ full height chrome caps

Allan E Joyner

Reaction score
I have the A1auto mirrors also they work great and have not had an issue except they sent only 1 the first time but then sent me the pair. I complained the first one the box was trashed and looked as if it was scuffed a little...they told me to keep it. You can buy aftermarket chrome covers that stick on and look great but will never be as good as integrated chrome factories...its a trade off.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the A1auto mirrors also they work great and have not had an issue except they sent only 1 the first time but then sent me the pair. I complained the first one the box was trashed and looked as if it was scuffed a little...they told me to keep it. You can buy aftermarket chrome covers that stick on and look great but will never be as good as integrated chrome factories...its a trade off.

You can install F150 chrome replacement caps (for stock factory tow mirrors) on 1A / Trailridge mirrors
2018-03-29 23.40.46.jpg

They're direct fit, trail ridge either knocked off the entire F150 mirror exactly or was the original supplier of the things for Ford in the first place