Airbag light on 2008 Expedition XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
6E5Z-15607-AA is the part number. Its on Amazon for a little less, free shipping, but not 2-day prime. Looks like it'll come out of Amarillo, TX.

https://www.amazon.com/Ford-6E5Z-15...&qid=1546627005&sr=8-1&keywords=6E5Z-15607-AA

If you click on the "New (9) from $39.75" link, you'll see Sound Ford in Renton (Seattle) Washington lists one - maybe they can get it to you quicker?

Taska's website lists other vehicles that they claim this part interchanges with - includes F150, Mustang and Super Duty:
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-ignition-immobilizer-module-6e5z15607aa

Some ebay listings show it also interchanges with the previous generation Fusion (2012 & backwards)

OP
OP
R

Rob Adams

Reaction score
6E5Z-15607-AA is the part number. Its on Amazon for a little less, free shipping, but not 2-day prime. Looks like it'll come out of Amarillo, TX.

https://www.amazon.com/Ford-6E5Z-15...&qid=1546627005&sr=8-1&keywords=6E5Z-15607-AA

If you click on the "New (9) from $39.75" link, you'll see Sound Ford in Renton (Seattle) Washington lists one - maybe they can get it to you quicker?

Taska's website lists other vehicles that they claim this part interchanges with - includes F150, Mustang and Super Duty:
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-ignition-immobilizer-module-6e5z15607aa

Some ebay listings show it also interchanges with the previous generation Fusion (2012 & backwards)

So my part number is slightly different 6e5t-15607-ac but yes this looks like a part that should be a simple fix. Just wish my dealer had it in stock so that I could grab it and get this truck started again.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Deep down, your like me, never fall into that category, and end up fixing it ourselves. If your suspecting your airbag, see if dealer has one in stock that will let you do your ohm measurements. When in doubt, that's what I've done with electrical parts. Problem will be, do they have one in stock.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Rob Adams

Reaction score
So I definitely have a bad clockspring. Cruise control and horn stopped working today. I bet you it's the source of my airbag light too. New part on order here Tuesday

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A delayed reaction. It's funny how a part works one day fine like your horn, and throws your diagnostic off on the airbag. Hope that's your problem. The recall for the airbags is at a minimum 2010. A huge recall for Ford, over a million vehicles.

OP
OP
R

Rob Adams

Reaction score
A delayed reaction. It's funny how a part works one day fine like your horn, and throws your diagnostic off on the airbag. Hope that's your problem. The recall for the airbags is at a minimum 2010. A huge recall for Ford, over a million vehicles.

Yeah, I sure hope this makes the light go off...it would make sense. However if it doesn't I guess I have 2 paths forward...take it to Ford and have them do the 139 dollar diagnostic/pinpoint test for me...or try and source an airbag to test in place of the current one. Clockspring arrives tuesday and will post an update then.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, see what happens, maybe you can pick the brains of shops and dealers in your area. That's what I've done when stuck, just be nice!