Altenator and Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toocivil

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought my 03 Expedition XLT in February 2006 from the original owner. I purchased the vehicle because of my growing family and it was evident the previous owner took very good care of it. The vehicle only had 27,500 on it when I bought it. Not a week after I bought it the passenger side door actuator crapped out on me so I replaced it. A week after that the altenator puked on me. I replaced it with a after market one myself because for some reason ford will only warranty a replacement altenator for 1 year or 12,000 miles. Since then I have been chasing down a drivers side door rattle, which I have traced to the window weather stripping. I am hoping with a little spray silicone grease between the weather stripping and the door it will solve the problem.

Now what the hell is going on with ford? You expect a few problems when you buy a used vehicle, but the altenator and door actuator crapping out around 30,000 miles is just B.S. I hope Quality is still Job #1 at Ford.

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it sounds like the other owner didnt drive the truck that much for one so when a car sits for a while stuff can go bad as for your door act it could of went bad from not being used and just froze up and need replaced and i mean there is no realy way to just the life of one, the alt i would say went bad from just sitting and then being used everyday i mean it is a electrical part . as for your door rattle i would use some silicon spray on your tracks and the should fix that problem