Android auto problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timmaaay4

Reaction score
Apparently today while my wife was on a trip Android Auto and the radio stopped working. The only volume that would work on the car was the voice prompt for volumes. She pulled over turned off the car and started it again and the radio started to work as normal however The USB ports in the front are not powered any longer. Any one else have anything off with the head unit

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thats nothing neq with mine. You just have to unplug the phone and plug it back in or close the audio application and reopen it - it does it to me in carplay all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had that issue a few times before I updated the ford sync software. On the latest version I have not had it happen yet.

Also one time the problem was my cord. I swapped it to the one that came with my phone and it worked better.

OP
OP
T

Timmaaay4

Reaction score
The front ports stopped working also?
I won't be able to look at the vechile until my wife gets back tomorrow, I am thinking maybe a fuse is blown?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure why the ports would have stopped working, but make sure you first try the full reset twice in a row. See if that helps anything. Also make sure the phone is rebooted, I've had issues where AA keeps running and causes issues. But the latest version of AA and 3.4 seem to work pretty well.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oops... I must have missed the part about the ports not being powered when I posted previously.

Should just be a fuse.

Johnb21

Reaction score
My top port randomly stops working, more times than less. I often hear a loud click ( like the sound of a circuit breaker) around the HVAC area. The click has been going on for a couple years, most often when I have the HVAC heat on (during colder weather). I don't know if the USB port is related to the clicking, as the top USB has only been an issue for the past 6-9 months. Turning the truck on/off has worked to reset the USB in the past, but less so now.
My issues are mainly with the top port, but have seen both ports go out as well. I didn't want to bring it to the dealership to have them send me home because they couldn't replicate the issue. Next oil change, I will have them look at it.
Any thoughts are appreciated!

OP
OP
T

Timmaaay4

Reaction score
Apparently on my wife's drive home the ports and Android auto started working again. I am assuming that shutting off the car reset sync as described. I did however update sync yesterday to the latest version of sync 3.0 . No issues as if yet will keep an eye on it. Tha ks for the help

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Apparently on my wife's drive home the ports and Android auto started working again. I am assuming that shutting off the car reset sync as described. I did however update sync yesterday to the latest version of sync 3.0 . No issues as if yet will keep an eye on it. Thanks for the help

You should be able to go to 3.4, and it will have WAY less issues, and is a little quicker.

CyanLabs.net, and find the Sync updater app, install it, and follow its instructions.