Another dreaded Oil question.

Which oil do you use in your truck?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beardskii

Reaction score
Well I did not doubt that you hand tightened it since it is oil change 101. Like I said I left the oil off the seal once and the filter took a little more work to get off, but it still came off. As long as you put it on hand tight (even really hand tight) it will come off I am sure.

Something that was almost a problem was those damn step sides. I had to cut my wheels had to the right to reach the plug. I just didn't want to have to put it on jacks to change the oil. (Coming from an 89 cherokee laredo this was a world of difference)

Answer me this, not oil related but if you read my post in the "what did you do to the expy today" thread, how did I burn a hole in the line running from my PCV valve. there is literally nothing I can think of around that 3 inch of line that would melt a hole in it..or atleast it looked melted..iunno. easy fix but it blew my mind.

whowey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Something that was almost a problem was those damn step sides. I had to cut my wheels had to the right to reach the plug. I just didn't want to have to put it on jacks to change the oil. (Coming from an 89 cherokee laredo this was a world of difference)

Answer me this, not oil related but if you read my post in the "what did you do to the expy today" thread, how did I burn a hole in the line running from my PCV valve. there is literally nothing I can think of around that 3 inch of line that would melt a hole in it..or atleast it looked melted..iunno. easy fix but it blew my mind.

I crawl under my 90 Cherokee to change the oil.. more room under there than there is under my 01 EB. Of course the Cherokee sits on 4.5" of lift...

I had a problem with the PO using an oil change place that cranked down on the filter. For a bit I thought I was going to have to go to NAPA and get a different filter wrench. I could not get my 'Capt. Hook' style in there,but a strap wrench or a cap style would more than likely work.

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I seriously doubt anyone would have issues getting X amount of miles even on the cheapest store brand oil as long as oil is changed within reasonable intervals. Exception may be high performance motors where oil may see extreme temperatures.

Synthetic just gives you extra margin of protection that can tolerate much higher temps and extreme conditions with out breaking down or coking up.

I have seen where synthetics have gained hp over conventional oil on the dyno test. This was in an older pushrod mustang which also has more frictional losses compared to the overhead cam mod motors. But the gains were on the line of 1-2 % for changing all fluids over to synthetic so don't expect to see any real seat of the pants improvement.

Amen to that!
:head3:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire