Anti-theft light blinks, truck won’t start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaudrell

Reaction score
Hey I’m new to this forum. I have a 2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer. When I tried to start it leaving the key on RUN and removing my hand it would try to start but wouldn’t crank. Now it doesn’t do anything and my anti theft light blinks repeatedly. I’ve taken it to 3 shops. Ford wants $435 for an inspection saying they need 2-3 hours to tell me what’s wrong with it ($145 an hour) Christmas just left and I have 4 boys! I can’t afford that just for an inspection without it being FIXED! I’ve been told it’s my fuel pump, ECM, PCM, and transponder. Someone also told me the truck isn’t recognizing my keys. I’m working over now to take it to Ford soon but if I could save a couple hundred dollars I’d be happy . Thanks for reading my thread!

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does your spare not work either? Sounds like transponder chip in the key went bad or the ignition column isn’t reading it.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have two fobs? If both fobs won’t unlock the truck and the keys don’t read a PCM may be in order... also look in your manual and try reprogramming the fob to the truck and retry to see if the computer somehow lost the info, if it’s not in the manual a google search will suffice. usually a bunch of brake taps and certain buttons on the fob for a reprogram procedure, if the truck recognizes the fob after that go from there.

OP
OP
S

Shaudrell

Reaction score
Only have one fob. It was unlocking and locking the truck until recently. The battery died last week. I got the battery bk charged and then the fob stopped working.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes...just tried it.

Ok reason I asked was because often the transmission goes out on the rear wiper and it can’t return to the home position and the motor runs while off and kills the battery. Here is a video on a reprogram procedure for your fob first... see if you can get that back to working.