Any Bluecruise reviews?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8131full

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a Platinum on order because it has BlueCruise. I've been using BlueCruise on my Mach E since it was in beta, and it's the reason I upgraded my order to Platinum from Limited. I'm assuming it will work similarly.
same.

twanger

Reaction score
Drove 600 highway miles getting my 2022 Expy home, and the Bluecruise worked very well, except that it doesn’t function over 80 mph. That really sucks. And wow it REALLY watches your eyes— look away a bit too long and it gets angry.

Didn’t hit any traffic, so not sure how it will do. But on city streets using its cruise in traffic works very poorly compared to my Q7. We’ll see.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Drove 600 highway miles getting my 2022 Expy home, and the Bluecruise worked very well, except that it doesn’t function over 80 mph. That really sucks. And wow it REALLY watches your eyes— look away a bit too long and it gets angry.

Didn’t hit any traffic, so not sure how it will do. But on city streets using its cruise in traffic works very poorly compared to my Q7. We’ll see.
All my long trips have speed over 80 usually..... dang.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why would they restrict you like that, I never cruise below 85 on long trips.
More than likely is 2 reasons, they were going to set a limit at some number, and 80 is pretty reasonable. Legally, only 1 highway in the US has a speed limit above 80 and the typical traffic data suggests less than 5% of motorists exceed 80, even when allowed drive above 80 (mostly due to fuel economy and weather). So setting a limit at 80, covers ~95% of drivers.
Second is data processing, going 80 mph requires a much faster reaction time and good line of sight to anticipate variables. The system likely has diminishing effectiveness above 80 that limits safety.

carnevallemarcelo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
More than likely is 2 reasons, they were going to set a limit at some number, and 80 is pretty reasonable. Legally, only 1 highway in the US has a speed limit above 80 and the typical traffic data suggests less than 5% of motorists exceed 80, even when allowed drive above 80 (mostly due to fuel economy and weather). So setting a limit at 80, covers ~95% of drivers.
Second is data processing, going 80 mph requires a much faster reaction time and good line of sight to anticipate variables. The system likely has diminishing effectiveness above 80 that limits safety.
I travel a lot (Wisconsin to Florida at least 4 times / year) and honestly anything above 80 it does not improve much of the time and get's fuel consumption to 17 / 17.5 MPG. I did this trip little less than 16 hours at this speed.

For my Expedition the 75 MPH is the sweet spot between the time to get the destination and fuel consumption at 19 to 20 MPG and takes only more 30 minutes than running at 82/85 MPH.

I can't wait my Expedition to do this trip with Blue Cruise and massage seats, I was looking the Ford map and it seems it covers pretty much 100% of the way...Hope to get mine by end of May

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did not realize SH130 from south of Austin to Seguin is the only road in the country with an 85 MPH speed limit. I take this road a few times per year.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
SPOT ON ANSWER! Well done!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65