Anyone else try to debadge their tailgate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
UGH!
I have never seen alignment holes drilled for badging.

This was a first. :(

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some car companies use alignment holes, some don't. If the holes are small enough, you might be able to fill them in with just filler. If there to big, you will need to put some mesh behind them first.

98EXeb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder if the badge on the 98 XLT has holes under it??

Im going to buy this rear hatch off a 98 XLT because mine is F#%#@# up. Gotta remove the badge cuz mine is a EB. Hmmmm??

1HeliCFI

Reaction score
Debadging

I am disappointed to read that the current Expys have alignment pins on all those big ugly emblems. I have an 04 and the Expedition and Eddie Bauer emblems did not have pins back then. I have been waiting for the Ecoboost V6 to be put in the Expedition to trade up but this badge issue would be a good reason not to. I always remove the badges as soon as I get cars home from the dealer.

Soapman99

Reaction score
Can anyone else confirm if they had pins in the badges if their 03 EB? I have contemplated rebadging. This is the only vehicle I have ever owned that I didn't.

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am disappointed to read that the current Expys have alignment pins on all those big ugly emblems. I have an 04 and the Expedition and Eddie Bauer emblems did not have pins back then. I have been waiting for the Ecoboost V6 to be put in the Expedition to trade up but this badge issue would be a good reason not to. I always remove the badges as soon as I get cars home from the dealer.

Whoa... you'd seriously make a vehicle purchasing decision based on the alignment holes behind the badges?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i debadged mine but no holes...2nd gen doesnt have holes

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for the "EXPEDITION"...not sure about the "FORD" emblem...i just covered it