Anyone gone from Minivan to Expedition Max?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was thinking of just tinting the front windows to match the back ... good reason to tint all around, even over the factory tint?
Yup, even over the factory tint. In my state I can’t make the fronts dark enough to match the rear but the rear can be as dark as you want here so they are pretty dark. I used the same tint on all the windows (Whatever is the darkest I could legally go in GA) but it still made the rear darker... it’s nice, there’s no seeing inside through any rear window and you get the benefit of the UV protection.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup, even over the factory tint. In my state I can’t make the fronts dark enough to match the rear but the rear can be as dark as you want here so they are pretty dark. I used the same tint on all the windows (Whatever is the darkest I could legally go in GA) but it still made the rear darker... it’s nice, there’s no seeing inside through any rear window and you get the benefit of the UV protection.

You can also get fully transparent ceramic tint on the fronts, windshield, and sunroof if you really want to go all out. Helps a LOT with heat rejection and UV protection.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can also get fully transparent ceramic tint on the fronts, windshield, and sunroof if you really want to go all out. Helps a LOT with heat rejection and UV protection.
This is true. I’ve been thinking about doing these as well... just haven’t gotten around to it. Dash cam is on my list next.

OP
OP
H

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
OK guys ... finally did the deal. Thanks again for all the ongoing input and putting up with this thread. I ended up going Black Label w/Chalet theme in Pristine White. I did a full chrome delete (except around the front badge) and tinted the front windows to match the rest. Ordered a black grille through parts that would've come on a Black Monochrome Package Reserve. Also did an Advent (Voxx) aftermarket RSES.

Nav Front Quarter.jpg

Nav Side 4.jpg

Nav Rear Quarter.jpg

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK guys ... finally did the deal. Thanks again for all the ongoing input and putting up with this thread. I ended up going Black Label w/Chalet theme in Pristine White. I did a full chrome delete (except around the front badge) and tinted the front windows to match the rest. Ordered a black grille through parts that would've come on a Black Monochrome Package Reserve. Also did an Advent (Voxx) aftermarket RSES.

View attachment 34722

View attachment 34723

View attachment 34724
Welcome to the club! Looks great!!

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score

That’s really interesting for the windshield. Have you done it? How does it hold up to rock chips and general road rash? Seems windshields these dash rash up in no time.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s really interesting for the windshield. Have you done it? How does it hold up to rock chips and general road rash? Seems windshields these dash rash up in no time.

I have not. I looked into it when I got mine but just never pulled the trigger. I park in a garage at home and work, and I use a sun shield any time I have to park outside; in the end it just didn’t seem worth the cash. Especially as you’d have to have it redone if you had to have your windshield replaced.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the Black Monogram package was available when we were looking, it would have been a strong contender. Instead, I went with the Expedition Stealth model. That things looks SO sharp in the white. Congrats!!!

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have clear tint on my windshield. You cannot tell it is there by looking. Supposed to reduce the heat load by about 50%.