Anyone towing a 26+’ enclosed trailer with their 4th Gen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DSF1

Reaction score
A bit pricey but worth you and your families life to have it, if not just your truck and trailer!

OP
OP
Fozzy

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A bit pricey but worth you and your families life to have it, if not just your truck and trailer!

I here you there. I have never seen one like that before. There has been a lot of good info on this thread. Now I need to find one I like that meets my size and weight requirements. Thanks for your input and everyone else’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bury

Reaction score
I pulled a 25' TT, total weight about 7000lb, worked like a charm. Propride is very responsive as well. Give them a call.

DSF1

Reaction score
We should start a hensley/propride thread - get people's feedback and tips/tricks and comments. I think it would be good for current owners and invaluable for potential new ones

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, while towing these trailers;

What rpms and what gear is your tranny in on typical flat highway at 70 mph?

Then, how does it handle grades? i.e. uphill for a short while and then a longer uphill climb? (rpms/gear)

Headwinds any issue?

2010 Limited Expy owner here, looking for future consideration....
Mine is 6000lbs and 18' long, but the length doesn't really impact mileage or performance, only stability. On flat ground at 70mph, mine runs ~1800rpm in 9th. On grades/passes etc, it'll do whatever you ask, but accelerating means lots of fuel as the boost kicks in. RPMs tend to be fairly moderate (I don't think I've ever really seen anything over about 4500rpm unless really on the gas to accelerate "quickly"). That's because peak torque is pretty low with the Ecobost and the truck is going for torque...

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh, and for those of you who are new to this, towing over 65mph requires special tires for the trailer. Personally, I run Goodyear Endurance which are rated to 87mph.

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On various towing and trailer forums (airstreamforums.com for example) There are discussions of both hensley and pro-pride. Users love them (despite being more difficult to hitch up). Others think they work but are overkill. It all depends on your rig and what you're happy with.

DSF1

Reaction score
Actually, I could never figure out why people thought they were hard to hook up. I prepared for that aspect when bought mine, but quickly discovered that it's easier to hook up single handed than a ball.