Anyone used a SuperChips Microtuner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

Im intrested to know if anyone has this on their Expedition. Iv got a 2000 5.4L 4X4 and Iv recently put bigger tires on so the calibrator would help me a bit...and looking to see if this actually gives an over-all performance boost like it states. For those that have it please tell me what differences you have noticed. This seems like alot of money to dish out so want to see if it is actually worth it.

http://www.motorhaven.com/customer/home.php?cat=169

OP
OP
G

super chip

I have a '97 XLT put a super chip in 5 yrs ago. Works great shifts at approx 5000 rpm with hammer down. Mileage the same. Cost abot $250. Takes about a hour to install

monsta

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The beauty part about the Tuner is that is takes merely seconds to install! Pure plug and play. You can expect the same performance found in chips along WITH the ability to read OBDII codes, too!

A nice performance investment! And a good place to buy it from.

Motorhaven

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

I purchased a chip from www.apten-us.com It didn't work due to my port being deactivated. Their customer service was great, they gave me two options. One was to have instructions to turn the port on, it involved saudering wires on the computer. I didn't want to do that so they are sending me a tuning tool at no extra cost!

Great customer service. I'll let you know how it works when I get it.