Anyone using wireless charging? Anyone relocate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got a 2023 and the wireless charging is useless.
I installed an app called Ampere to monitor charge/discharge.
I have a Pixel 7a and an Otterbox Commuter case.
When I put my phone on (29% charge), the display on the truck shows the battery charging icon, but Ampere shows "Not charging" and a negative current flow. With or without the case on the phone.
Trash.
My 22 wireless charges my Pixel 7 with no issues. Have you tried another phone to see if it charges? Have you wirelessly charged the 7a on another charger?

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Never tried it on another wireless charger. My wife's pixel 6 charged fine in our subaru. In the Expy, it charges GLACIALLY slow and gets hot as a pistol.

I need to try it in our subaru

ElectrifyCLT

Reaction score
Wireless CarPlay while Wireless charging is a recipe for my phone to turn into hot molten lava. CarPlay projecting while streaming podcasts and using Waze puts my phone into surface of the sun hot territory (iPhone 13 Pro Max, no case).

It's fine for short commutes and hops around town but for road trips I always end up plugging in. The inflow and outflow of energy with Wireless Charging and CarPlay just don't make sense together for longer trips.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hate the location of the wireless charger, but once it's in there I don't have to touch it anymore with wireless AA.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wireless CarPlay while Wireless charging is a recipe for my phone to turn into hot molten lava. CarPlay projecting while streaming podcasts and using Waze puts my phone into surface of the sun hot territory (iPhone 13 Pro Max, no case).

It's fine for short commutes and hops around town but for road trips I always end up plugging in. The inflow and outflow of energy with Wireless Charging and CarPlay just don't make sense together for longer trips.
Same thing happens in my RAM 2500 and AA. Phone gets smoking hot.