Bad tail light housing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the owners manual of your 2007 also state that condensation is normal?

No it doesn’t, I get ford put it in the manual, but sometimes the owners manuals say wacky things. My owners manual says it’s normal for the motor to make pinging and knocking noises on some blends of 87 octane gas........I don’t consider such a thing “normal” or good for the engine as the manual states.

As for those with water accumulation in the bottom, the manual doesn’t say that’s normal.

Last edited:

drjeff

Reaction score
When my Expedition was delivered, one of the tail light lenses had to be replaced. It had more water in it than what was acceptable. Of course it had to be ordered and took several weeks.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
The way I see it is it's a first year production of a complete redesign, all the complaints (including other threads on here) are to be expected, honestly if you didn't expect this many little issues then you're obviously not a gear head, none the less it's a nice truck and a lot of tahoe/suburban/yukon crowd are switching over to expeditions now and it's not so much Ford's little problems effecting people it's a 1st year of a redesign and this is to be expected. I'm sure the 2020 model year expedition would have worked out 90% of the complaints by then and they do watch the forums so what happens here... ford hears it and listens to it and being the multi billion dollar corporation they are I'm sure they will attempt their best to make the corrections needed.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I’ve put 11k on my platinum over the past 7+ months, and I have no complaints other than harsh shifting between 3/4/5 when the engine is still cold.

Really? I get hard shifting between any gear on every vehicle I've DRIVEN when they're still "cold" even with what was considered brand new with anywhere from 1-5000 miles

OP
OP
Blackscreen67

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
I’ve put 11k on my platinum over the past 7+ months, and I have no complaints other than harsh shifting between 3/4/5 when the engine is still cold.

I think my issues are more along the what if factors with things I find, and the rest are subtle annoyances like the lights.

The shifting will eventually be addressed with a revised TCM file ford sends out. They did it for the 2017 and 2018 f150s so I'm sure they'll roll it to the the expeditions when time comes.

Really? I get hard shifting between any gear on every vehicle I've DRIVEN when they're still "cold" even with what was considered brand new with anywhere from 1-5000 miles

The shifts he describes are a mix of shift hesitation blended with a gear slam.

In sport mode 3/4/5 shifts like a really bad gear hunt with the clutches locking and unlocking repeatedly.