Best programmer / tuner & throttle sensitivity booster ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UTEngineer

Reaction score
Looking for first-hand experiences with tuners / programmers & throttle sensitivity boosters for my wife’s 2017 Ford Expedition EL Limited.

I have a tuner (Banks Derringer) and a throttle sensitivity booster (Banks PedalMonster) on my lifted 2019 Duramax, and the performance improvement from these two items make it feel like I’m driving a totally different truck.

Hoping for the same results with my wife’s Expedition.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and recommendations.

Last edited:

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you’re serious about tuning, get a legitimate custom tune from a reputable tuner. I’m in the process of doing this right now and it will actually make an incomparable difference. I’m using ZFG racing along with an HP tuners tune box. Way way more than a pedal box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
UTEngineer

UTEngineer

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Not off warranty yet. Expedition only has 18k miles. It was a left-over purchased in late 2018 for a significantly reduced price (-$19k off msrp). Need to be able to put it back to stock for warranty work. Some day I will likely do a custom tune, but not until the warranty is up.

max78

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The dealer can tell if the ECU has been flashed either way, some don’t care, but just be aware they might try to make it an issue if you bring it in for warranty work and you flash it back to stock.