Bilstein 5100 Lift Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WJD_xlt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’d say electronic running boards and fender /wheel well modifications would be needed. Had to loosen and move my running boards back 1/2” and shave off an inch of my front wheel well on the fender to fit the 35s AND the 1.25” spacers with zero issues now

I have fixed running boards so I assume that won’t be an issue. The fender well doesn’t sound like it’ll be too much work.

Thank you for the replies.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have fixed running boards so I assume that won’t be an issue. The fender well doesn’t sound like it’ll be too much work.

Thank you for the replies.
Fixed you’ll most likely have to shave some of the plastic or whatever they are made of

Richie Hostetler

Reaction score
I love how that turned out, but I'm confused. Is this utilizing the 5100s without the Readylift? I have 5100s on the way for my 2019 Expedition XLT 4x4. I ordered the part number for the Expedition. Thanks in advance.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love how that turned out, but I'm confused. Is this utilizing the 5100s without the Readylift? I have 5100s on the way for my 2019 Expedition XLT 4x4. I ordered the part number for the Expedition. Thanks in advance.

Hopefully as you should not run spacers on 5100s as you seriously risk bending your shaft since the body and shaft of the 5100 is longer to accommodate the lift that can be gained.

OP
OP
95cobby

95cobby

Reaction score

Correct, no spacers. 5100s only. Good luck on the install I’m curious what the front looks like with the Expy part numbers. Post pics when it’s all done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1alembic

Reaction score
Richie Hostetler - I'm also interested in details on how your turns out. I'd also like to go with the 5100s but for simplicity sake, I'd like to get the full set for the Expy. So definitely interested in pictures.

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So if the rear exp 5100's are at max height, and the front F150 5100's are at "stock"......if you wanted more lift in the front, just go up the middle to top ring....but what about the rear? How can you gain extra height there to maintain level?

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So if the rear exp 5100's are at max height, and the front F150 5100's are at "stock"......if you wanted more lift in the front, just go up the middle to top ring....but what about the rear? How can you gain extra height there to maintain level?
You can put a 4600 on it and Readylift spacer to get 2” in rear. If you go past the second ring on the F-150 5100s you’re venturing into above 3” of loft which is not recommended. Gonna tear that suspension up

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can put a 4600 on it and Readylift spacer to get 2” in rear. If you go past the second ring on the F-150 5100s you’re venturing into above 3” of loft which is not recommended. Gonna tear that suspension up

Ok so the middle ring on the f150 fronts is 3"+.......so stick with low setting or do the readylift front and call it good.

OP
OP
95cobby

95cobby

Reaction score
Just to be clear my f150 4wd fronts are on the bottom ring.. you could go second ring but it was deff to high for what I wanted and the spring was too close to the a-arm for comfort.

I think 16plati is right on the 4600s.. there isn't another shock that will fit the rear of the Expy that I know of. Could maybe have someone make a shim/spacer that would go in between frame and top plate of the shock mount