Bilstein 5100 Lift Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed my Bilsteins yesterday. I went with the top setting on the front (+1.6") and the 2nd to top setting on the back (+1.1"). This gave me a net lift in the front of 0.5" which exactly what I needed to get it leveled. I am measuring level from the top of my tire to the bottom of the fender well.

Obviously, if you want more rake you could set the rears to the top setting which is +1.5".

Right now I still have my stock tires (275/55/20). I will be installing 275/60/20s at the end of the week.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do they rears really pull forward, or is it the optical illusion caused by there being a much bigger gap at the top vs the front, after the lift?

I have not measured, but it has come up here before.

A lot of guys with the 3/2 and 34/35s notice it prominently in pics, and it does look wonky.

Correction^ 3/4/21^I believe it is the direct byproduct of the rear suspension moves downward, the driveshaft has to swing down with it from the end of the transmission, and as such the rear diff droops forward 'cuz the driveshaft can't stretch--so must move forward to maintain even pressure.

While rare---I think I am still right but for the wrong reasons--lol. Isn't the rear differential fixed, and the independent arms responsible for up/down? So the DS has nothing to do with range of motion^^

Either way, I think it is near impossible to run 37s with a 2+ inch rear lift w/o serious removal of portions of rear fender....

Last edited:

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is the before and after shots where you cen see the differnce of the rear wheel placement. I think it is a combination of both.

This is a ReadyLift, not Bilstein lift. Also, tires are 34” not 35”. Stock tires were 32”.

704cad04814b48fceed430eb487e6a3d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have not measured, but it has come up here before.

A lot of guys with the 3/2 and 34/35s notice it prominently in pics, and it does look wonky.

I believe it is the direct byproduct of the rear suspension moves downward, the driveshaft has to swing down with it from the end of the transmission, and as such the rear diff droops forward 'cuz the driveshaft can't stretch--so must move forward to maintain even pressure.

Either way, I think it is near impossible to run 37s with a 2+ inch rear lift w/o serious removal of portions of rear fender....

With IRS, the rear differential is fixed in location. The picture below was taken from in front of the rear axle. The bar with the red arrow pointing at it will pull the wheel forward as the wheel goes down.38C30A97-DFFE-4393-9EE9-8685EE3BE302.jpeg

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are those the AT III’s? If so how do you like them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk