Borla Touring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We are missing 2 cylinders for the exhaust to sound good.
I am a big fan of these motors and their capabilities. My only complaint is inherent due to it being a V6. Any way you try to open up the exhaust (which to a point) is a very good thing for making more power, they sound like complete and utter garbage.
Exhaust note preference is different from person to person and while Borla makes a solid product that sounds terrible. Best I have heard for these rigs yet but you won’t catch one on mine.
Couldn't agree more.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
It’s taking so long to get a good exhaust for our Maxs, I don’t get it. I like a quiet ride but with a little grunt. I’ve added some goodies to mine, down pipes, turbo adapters, cai, mega cooler, 5*tune and now I have a super low grunt but I’m the only one that notices it. 0-60 under 5 btw . Imo the Borla touring sounds the best for any EB, not loud at all, no drone, just enough. Head over to this youtube vid and give it a thumbs up then head to the Max comment and give the Borla reply a thumbs down. Maybe if we give enough they’ll see there’s enough interest to give our trucks some tunes :)) Why would a Navi get it before us lol. Maybe also make a comment.

“Borla touring exhaust for the 2018+ Lincoln Navigator”

Worst sounding exhaust I ever heard...Watch the chase scene, from the movie Bullitt. The music stops and all you hear is beautiful exhaust.

OP
OP
S

Stevens4x

Reaction score
I talked to borla last March and they said the expedition system was going to production give it a month. Called back two months later and they said production was delayed. That's the last I heard. I have the same basic mods and I'm not sure if change the exhaust more. I have too much fun with it as is.
Lol that’s cool. Yeah mine is hellafun too. This is the only ride my wife and I have ever toy’d with. It’s insanely unreal what a tune does to EBs.

OP
OP
S

Stevens4x

Reaction score
We are missing 2 cylinders for the exhaust to sound good.
I am a big fan of these motors and their capabilities. My only complaint is inherent due to it being a V6. Any way you try to open up the exhaust (which to a point) is a very good thing for making more power, they sound like complete and utter garbage.
Exhaust note preference is different from person to person and while Borla makes a solid product that sounds terrible. Best I have heard for these rigs yet but you won’t catch one on mine.
I hear ya. We all hear and see things different but when I’ve heard these it seems like it’s just enough volume to cancel out the v6 sounds coming from up front. That video kinda makes brap brap sounds but live all I hear is a nice purr (on f150s). Live it’s the only exhaust I’ve heard that didn’t sound like a high schooler lol

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with others that there are too few cylinders for any exhaust to sound good, need 2 more added. I’d rather make zero noise at all. Only thing I miss about my Grand Cherokee Summit. Had the Hemi and I put a Corsa exhaust on it. Best sounding vehicle IMO. Nice rumble at idle with a nice muscular, raspy growl when accelerating, and when at WOT was loud with a unique exhaust note. I like the EB, but sounds like garbage and there isn’t anything any exhaust can do to make it better. Unless you replace the exhaust with a speaker of a V8...anyone want to tackle that?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with others that there are too few cylinders for any exhaust to sound good, need 2 more added. I’d rather make zero noise at all. Only thing I miss about my Grand Cherokee Summit. Had the Hemi and I put a Corsa exhaust on it. Best sounding vehicle IMO. Nice rumble at idle with a nice muscular, raspy growl when accelerating, and when at WOT was loud with a unique exhaust note. I like the EB, but sounds like garbage and there isn’t anything any exhaust can do to make it better. Unless you replace the exhaust with a speaker of a V8...anyone want to tackle that?
I had the exact setup from Corsa. It was a thing of beauty.

Diverdown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If only it could sound like a V8....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk