Brisk spark plugs and Weapon X cops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AggieExpo

AggieExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man i left last Wed to salt lake city. And then we were slammed with bad snow storms. But my wife says so far it's been acting great. I should be home by this weekend ti give an update.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AggieExpo

AggieExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well i got a miss fire on cylinder 1 which means that is the COP that was acting up on cylinder 3. however it's now misfiring on cylinder 7 which started today. I'm thinking there is another culprit behind this. not sure where to go from here? I typically do all my own work but i really don't feel like taking the heads off and messing with the tension-er and timing chain. also it runs great then will do this sporadically. That is what really gets me. If it were the timing chain i figure it would do it consistently. Also sometimes if i go pull the COP and set it back on,"very easy with the weapon X since there is no screw to hold it in place" it will run great again.

Should i be looking at the wiring harness for issues and is there another way to test without throwing more money away?

OP
OP
AggieExpo

AggieExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found that the coolant was from the hose above cylinder 3. apparently when i had changed out the plugs i tugged on the hose just enough to cause a drip. I also did check the ground strap and i resealed it. however i did notice that when i pulled out the plug it had a white waxy looking coat on it? I'll go remove it really quickly and take a pic of it but it was not the clean black that is the boot color. I assumed that it was from the coolant that was in the cylinder. but i read on another post that it could be ash from volt leakage running up the boot and grounding elsewhere. Does that sound like something probable.

OP
OP
AggieExpo

AggieExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is a pick of the cop.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417646127140.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417646127140.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 74
OP
OP
AggieExpo

AggieExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
4dcdeac47fb307238c70ba031fe66eca.jpg
Here is the cop from 7

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is that boot cracked at all? You might have to look close. They look burnt.

As for troubleshooting, did you save any of the old COPs? If so you can use one to swap around and see what happens.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AggieExpo

AggieExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I placed my old cops the engine runs fine. And no the boots are not cracked.