Can I safely tow this TT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan80

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Limited w/o the max tow package. This would be paired with the equalizer weight distribution hitch.

SONIC SN211VDB​

UVW (Unloaded Vehicle Weight)*4,620
Dry Hitch Weight*580
Dry Axle Weight*4,040
CCC (Cargo Carrying Capacity)1,270
Interior Height82"
Exterior Height (with A/C)10' 4"
Exterior Width90"
Exterior Length**27'

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You would be at the 6,000lb limit, but would likely be ok, provided you're not towing in mountains or anything severe like that. The maximum tow rating drops as elevation increases, so if you're towing at altitude you would lose capacity as elevation increases.

OP
OP
R

Ryan80

Reaction score
Thank you. That's what I expected. I am on the fence about getting a different rig to tow with. We have an explorer as well, may keep that as the family hauler and get something that can tow 10k. Thanks for the input.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where you are weight wise I'd be more concerned about stopping it.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you. That's what I expected. I am on the fence about getting a different rig to tow with. We have an explorer as well, may keep that as the family hauler and get something that can tow 10k.
The only half ton SUV rated to tow more is the new Wagoneer. But I think it has a shorter wheelbase, so it may not be as stable. You don't really want to tow a camper that heavy with a half ton SUV. That's 3/4 ton territory.

Scott Hunter

Reaction score
You would be ok if you had the max tow pkg. I tow an 8500# (loaded and ready to go) with a 2019 XLT with the max tow pkg, plus Equalizer WDH and we do just fine, even on hills.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357