Car Fax - Does it really give you much info about the vehicle ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dwade_305

Reaction score
I've been a lurker on these board for months, following a bunch of these threads; and remembered this one turning south a while back, so i was surprised to see it at the top again. I went back and re-read the whole thing, and man this got incredibly stupid and childish quick

congratulations! you guys peeked my curiosity, and got me to actually sign up, cuz I got questions...

this post was dead on 4/8/20, why did you guys start with this guy again on 4/25/20? It sounds like you guys wanted to get a rise, and got it...

You're right....he's all over this forum doing this crap everywhere, I should've known better than to engage to begin with

but when someone digs up a 3 week old post to re-pick a fight with you, its hard to leave it alone....

why bother? why not just let it be? I kinda agree, he trolls on here at least as much as he's helpful, but you were never gonna stop that. And that's par for the course on any forum. Getting mad at trolls on a forum is like being mad at getting hit in a football game; your anger is not going to change how it works.

No, you instigated it by calling Toby names and running him down unnecessarily.

Instigating means starting, creef let you have the last word on 4/8, and didn't come back until Toby started calling him by name on 4/25. You can't come shouting for someone and then cry victim when they shout back. come on, that's like the weakest position a person can possibly take

You know I'm "here for the party"!

so your goal was to be a troll? Again, this response just seems very childish. Like you want to egg people on for your own fun aka trolling.

and FYI, I'd bet good money, to most other members of this forum, all 3 of you lost just by engaging in this nonsense; no winners at all. The ignore button will probably do you all a great service in the future

see ya around (p.s. i don't really expect answers)

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been a lurker on these board for months, following a bunch of these threads; and remembered this one turning south a while back, so i was surprised to see it at the top again. I went back and re-read the whole thing, and man this got incredibly stupid and childish quick

congratulations! you guys peeked my curiosity, and got me to actually sign up, cuz I got questions...

this post was dead on 4/8/20, why did you guys start with this guy again on 4/25/20? It sounds like you guys wanted to get a rise, and got it...

why bother? why not just let it be? I kinda agree, he trolls on here at least as much as he's helpful, but you were never gonna stop that. And that's par for the course on any forum. Getting mad at trolls on a forum is like being mad at getting hit in a football game; your anger is not going to change how it works.

Instigating means starting, creef let you have the last word on 4/8, and didn't come back until Toby started calling him by name on 4/25. You can't come shouting for someone and then cry victim when they shout back. come on, that's like the weakest position a person can possibly take

so your goal was to be a troll? Again, this response just seems very childish. Like you want to egg people on for your own fun aka trolling.

and FYI, I'd bet good money, to most other members of this forum, all 3 of you lost just by engaging in this nonsense; no winners at all. The ignore button will probably do you all a great service in the future

see ya around (p.s. i don't really expect answers)

Since I'm on my phone I can't really cut and paste and reply to each individual part but the here for the party was just meant that I'm here to have fun and enjoy myself as I stated before.
To have conversations, 2 share stories and talk about vehicles and stuff or whatever else comes up.
I wouldn't consider what I do as trolling at all. I don't do it to get a rise out of anyone
I only respond back to people when they quote me directly. The reason I responded and this thread got revived was that was the first time I had read his response to me where he felt the need to criticize my posting style and put me in my place. Lol

The only other time I respond to people is if I am giving them what I feel is good, or better advice or offering an alternate way of doing something because I feel it will save them time or money.
Then it seems the arguments ensue because some others are resistant to seeing any recommendations other than their own.
I tend to be the ultimate cheapskate and all but two or three things in my life so I'm always telling someone that if it were me I would go on eBay and get the best price on the part or buy the cheapest lifetime warranted brand they have at the local parts store for convenience of warranty replacement.

Long-term readers will see the same types of comments come up over and over as new people ask basically the same question that's been asked before. Someone will recommend them to only use Motorcraft brand parts and I will come in and say I think it's a waste of money and you can get them far cheaper other ways. This is usually where the back and forth starts going again. It's not disrespectful it's just a difference of opinion and there's only two people on this forum who I ever have words back and forth with.

Everyone else has no problem with stating the way they would do it, letting me stay at the way I would do it... Then letting the poster or person with a question decide what they like best.

These other two people always have to win, or always have to catch you in a gotcha moment to throw something up in your face. That's the childish part right there.

I do offer a lot of help and advice and I do even more so on some other forums where I have owned hundreds of that type of car. The problem I have often is people want to disagree with you when you state a factual previous experience that you know works when they have never even done it. They just have their own belief of what will happen where their own opinion but they haven't tested it in reality.

Dwade_305

Reaction score
Since I'm on my phone I can't really cut and paste and reply to each individual part but the here for the party was just meant that I'm here to have fun and enjoy myself as I stated before.
To have conversations, 2 share stories and talk about vehicles and stuff or whatever else comes up.
I wouldn't consider what I do as trolling at all. I don't do it to get a rise out of anyone
I only respond back to people when they quote me directly. The reason I responded and this thread got revived was that was the first time I had read his response to me where he felt the need to criticize my posting style and put me in my place. Lol

The only other time I respond to people is if I am giving them what I feel is good, or better advice or offering an alternate way of doing something because I feel it will save them time or money.
Then it seems the arguments ensue because some others are resistant to seeing any recommendations other than their own.
I tend to be the ultimate cheapskate and all but two or three things in my life so I'm always telling someone that if it were me I would go on eBay and get the best price on the part or buy the cheapest lifetime warranted brand they have at the local parts store for convenience of warranty replacement.

Long-term readers will see the same types of comments come up over and over as new people ask basically the same question that's been asked before. Someone will recommend them to only use Motorcraft brand parts and I will come in and say I think it's a waste of money and you can get them far cheaper other ways. This is usually where the back and forth starts going again. It's not disrespectful it's just a difference of opinion and there's only two people on this forum who I ever have words back and forth with.

Everyone else has no problem with stating the way they would do it, letting me stay at the way I would do it... Then letting the poster or person with a question decide what they like best.

These other two people always have to win, or always have to catch you in a gotcha moment to throw something up in your face. That's the childish part right there.

I do offer a lot of help and advice and I do even more so on some other forums where I have owned hundreds of that type of car. The problem I have often is people want to disagree with you when you state a factual previous experience that you know works when they have never even done it. They just have their own belief of what will happen where their own opinion but they haven't tested it in reality.

This is still a free country so you're obvi feel free to do what you want. But if I saw someone said something to me over 2 weeks ago and it had since died off, I wouldn't go back and address them unless I was looking to stir something up. I mean read your most recent posts again, you didn't come in looking for compromise and peaceful resolution; or at least that's how it looks from the outside looking in. It reads antagonistically. Which again, is your prerogative.

You also say a couple things in your response that make it seem like you think "if people would just listen to me" is the problem. The way advice works is you give it and walk away, you can't try to force it down people's throats. Which is probably why a lot of your posts come off they way they do, and why a lot of them seem to turn so combative. And calling it a party makes it look like you're trolling.

just my opinions though, take it for what its worth

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is still a free country so you're obvi feel free to do what you want. But if I saw someone said something to me over 2 weeks ago and it had since died off, I wouldn't go back and address them unless I was looking to stir something up. I mean read your most recent posts again, you didn't come in looking for compromise and peaceful resolution; or at least that's how it looks from the outside looking in. It reads antagonistically. Which again, is your prerogative.

You also say a couple things in your response that make it seem like you think "if people would just listen to me" is the problem. The way advice works is you give it and walk away, you can't try to force it down people's throats. Which is probably why a lot of your posts come off they way they do, and why a lot of them seem to turn so combative. And calling it a party makes it look like you're trolling.

just my opinions though, take it for what its worth
I was joking that if people would just listen to me the world would be a better place! It was a joke. I know it's hard to tell because sarcasm doesn't come through very well on a forum or in it printed text.
If you were read his first response to me you will see why I responded. He quoted me directly and complain that I was so off topic that it was absurd and went on to say that he felt the need to make sure I was told how ridiculous he thought it was. I simply responded back to let him know that that's my posting style and I do it all the time. I'm not here for his reading pleasure. I'm here for my own enjoyment and conversation with other members and friends I have made on the forum.

If you read his post to me it will be pretty clear why I responded because it was quite antagonist and critical whereas I had not previously addressed him personally or quoted his text at all.

If you come in at the end or the middle of a conversation it can look entirely different. I don't ever start crap other than offer an alternate way of doing something and I never call people idiots or fools for choosing to buy expensive brand name parts I just tell him they're spending a lot more than they possibly need to and that I have had X results doing it X ways.
I really am a nice guy and get along well with most people and had made friends on this forum but when somebody comes at me with a combative tone I can dish it out forever.

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's funny how there is always 2 or 3 people on any forum that "have it in for you" and wait to pounce any time they get a chance. I can't imagine being married to someone like that.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's funny how there is always 2 or 3 people on any forum that "have it in for you" and wait to pounce any time they get a chance. I can't imagine being married to someone like that.
True, but as I alluded to before I know exactly what would happen if I were around those type of people in person.

Dwade_305

Reaction score

how can someone who hasn't looked for you in 17 days "have it in for you"? LOL

stop playing the victim. He went all-in after you guys pulled him back into it. No question he was far more aggressive and I'm sure he'll chime is at some point given lessons of this post's history

but at least stop acting like you guys were just walking down the street minding your business when he came looking for you again. You antagonized him, and he told you every bit of what he thinks of you...s**t happens

True, but as I alluded to before I know exactly what would happen if I were around those type of people in person.

So now we're acting like we're gonna fight in the streets? What are we 13?

I'm done here. I hoped some fresh perspective would allow everyone to grow up and move one....my bad, that was clearly too high an expectation (no response is necessary, all questions are rhetorical)

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score

stop playing the victim. He went all-in after you guys pulled him back into it. No question he was far more aggressive and I'm sure he'll chime is at some point given lessons of this post's history

but at least stop acting like you guys were just walking down the street minding your business when he came looking for you again. You antagonized him, and he told you every bit of what he thinks of you...s**t happens

I'm done here. I hoped some fresh perspective would allow everyone to grow up and move one....my bad, that was clearly too high an expectation (no response is necessary, all questions are rhetorical)

Would be no problem at all if people would simply state their opinions and allow others to stay at theirs.
People that insist on being condescending, disrespectful, rude, and name-calling are what provokes this... and yes, I don't know about you or your lifestyle but we're this to occur in person I would beat their ass. End of that story.
Amazingly enough I really have to beat anyone's ass or even put them in their place. In person if someone comes at me in a rude demeaner I stand my place and they hardly ever push it any further than that.
A lot of people do seem to be able to have much more civil discussions in person when the possible repercussions are different.
That's just an observation of life that I have observed. Your experiences may be different and your mileage may vary.

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I wasn't even thinking of that guy...…...lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani