Car Fax - Does it really give you much info about the vehicle ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You were literally in another thread asking about how to change the oil yesterday, so no offense but you can't come in here and act like you know what you're talking about now. And it takes a little while longer on these trucks because there is a plate blocking the drain plug and filter; and that's still not accounting for time to go get oil and take back the spent oil. It doesn't magically appear and disappear.

I've told the story on here before but I a had Jiffy Lube screw up an oil change close to 20 years ago. long story, short, they bought me a factory rebuilt engine and put me in a rental for the 2-3 weeks it took for the engine to get shipped and installed. Didn't even have to file a lawsuit, they did the math and realized they were responsible and it was cheaper to pay than fight. When big companies screw up, they pay quick to shut everyone up and make it go away. When you screw up go find your pocketbook. There's a reason just about every major corporation outsources their fleet work, because it outsources liability too.

They didn't have to "do the math" as they have insurance in place and a procedure to get you a similar or slightly lower mile(to appease you) engine as they DAMAGE them often enough to NEED this all set up and ready to go.

I have known several people that worked at 3 different oil change places and you would be AMAZED how frequently the replace engines. Doesn't inspire much confidence in them.

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They didn't have to "do the math" as they have insurance in place and a procedure to get you a similar or slightly lower mile(to appease you) engine as they DAMAGE them often enough to NEED this all set up and ready to go.

I have known several people that worked at 3 different oil change places and you would be AMAZED how frequently the replace engines. Doesn't inspire much confidence in them.
That guy above your last post is telling me how I was watching some oil change videos about my new vehicle on u-tube so that that means I know nothing and I am a novice. I never could understand how everyone thinks they know all about you on these forums even though they have never met you.:emotions34:

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That guy above your last post is telling me how I was watching some oil change videos about my new vehicle on u-tube so that that means I know nothing and I am a novice. I never could understand how everyone thinks they know all about you on these forums even though they have never met you.:emotions34:
Yep...but they do know more about me as I ramble off topic....absurdly...I think he put it...LOL

I have and have made friends in here and come to converse and enjoy....he can take his little 156 post count or whatever it is and stick it.
Maybe try being a polite active member for a while and maybe even make friends before letting your personal judgments compel you to start griping about what you like or don't like about long time active member's posts or comments.

But no ******* in a bunch here...I get them all wadded up over so many other things, no time to worry about what he thinks here.
I do what I want to do. You can join or scroll on by.
I'm going to have a great time. you might as well come along!

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep...but they do know more about me as I ramble off topic....absurdly...I think he put it...LOL

I have and have made friends in here and come to converse and enjoy....he can take his little 156 post count or whatever it is and stick it.
Maybe try being a polite active member for a while and maybe even make friends before letting your personal judgments compel you to start griping about what you like or don't like about long time active member's posts or comments.

But no ******* in a bunch here...I get them all wadded up over so many other things, no time to worry about what he thinks here.
I do what I want to do. You can join or scroll on by.
I'm going to have a great time. you might as well come along!

Your ******* must be bunched up and filled with itching powder. Almost 3 weeks later I'm still living in your head LOL. The best part is you've been posting the whole time, so it's not like you took a hiatus from the board. You literally had to go looking for this post to come back and tell us how you're feelings weren't hurt. OK! We believe you big guy. LOL

You can have a million posts and be a lifetime member, you'll still be a pretentious douche.

You used to hang out on CB channels and HAM radios and now you do it on internet message boards? Based on your posting style, its not surprising you do better from a distance. Probably makes the inevitable "Go F yourself" easier to swallow. I use this forum as a resource, I don't need to make friends with anyone on here. If I do, cool. If I don't, that's cool too.

But please tell us more about how the internet has made you the most able-bodied mechanic the world has seen. Please tell me more about how you would allow someone with your same level of credentials to work on your vehicles....Exactly, you have no credentials or reason to believe you are as capable as you claim other than a inflated sense of self and delusions of grandeur. That's not to say no one can work on their vehicle but most are definitely less qualified than ASE certified techs.

Insurance is not for fools, it's because inevitably s__t happens. Companies who change oil do it at a much greater rate so they inevitably have a much higher occurrence of s__t happening. The average shop probably does as many oil change in a week as you've done in your lifetime. That's just common sense. The different is when s__t happens in your driveway, you end up taking it to those same guys who you wouldn't let touch it before. Or you spend an exorbitant amount of time and money trying to fix what you already broke, with no guarantee you won't break it further and cost yourself even more.

How many posts have you seen on the internet of someone who got stuck midway through a repair and figuring out their in over their head? That's definitely happening more than oil change shops are changing engines. Yet, here you are advocating for that.

I'm not always trying to convince them to do it my stated way...just that my way is better- at least in the way I express that it is.

Stop acting like your better than people and accept your way is just one of many. Even though you acknowledge that in one these 3 wk later posts, you went right back to showing yourself to being the same douche, members on this board have called you for many times. Which actually makes it worse, because it shows you know better and just can't help it.

If you're watching YouTube videos and asking forum members how to change your oil, its a safe bet you don't know how to change your oil. Or, do you watch YouTube videos and ask forum member how to start your car too?

You've had this vehicle for a couple months at best. Slow down bud, you know very little about it. And, how do I know that? Because I've seen your posts on here. Eventually I am sure you will get to know more, but as of now you do not appear to know anything substantial.

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your ******* must be bunched up and filled with itching powder. Almost 3 weeks later I'm still living in your head LOL. The best part is you've been posting the whole time, so it's not like you took a hiatus from the board. You literally had to go looking for this post to come back and tell us how you're feelings weren't hurt. OK! We believe you big guy. LOL

You can have a million posts and be a lifetime member, you'll still be a pretentious douche.

You used to hang out on CB channels and HAM radios and now you do it on internet message boards? Based on your posting style, its not surprising you do better from a distance. Probably makes the inevitable "Go F yourself" easier to swallow. I use this forum as a resource, I don't need to make friends with anyone on here. If I do, cool. If I don't, that's cool too.

But please tell us more about how the internet has made you the most able-bodied mechanic the world has seen. Please tell me more about how you would allow someone with your same level of credentials to work on your vehicles....Exactly, you have no credentials or reason to believe you are as capable as you claim other than a inflated sense of self and delusions of grandeur. That's not to say no one can work on their vehicle but most are definitely less qualified than ASE certified techs.

Insurance is not for fools, it's because inevitably s__t happens. Companies who change oil do it at a much greater rate so they inevitably have a much higher occurrence of s__t happening. The average shop probably does as many oil change in a week as you've done in your lifetime. That's just common sense. The different is when s__t happens in your driveway, you end up taking it to those same guys who you wouldn't let touch it before. Or you spend an exorbitant amount of time and money trying to fix what you already broke, with no guarantee you won't break it further and cost yourself even more.

How many posts have you seen on the internet of someone who got stuck midway through a repair and figuring out their in over their head? That's definitely happening more than oil change shops are changing engines. Yet, here you are advocating for that.

Stop acting like your better than people and accept your way is just one of many. Even though you acknowledge that in one these 3 wk later posts, you went right back to showing yourself to being the same douche, members on this board have called you for many times. Which actually makes it worse, because it shows you know better and just can't help it.

If you're watching YouTube videos and asking forum members how to change your oil, its a safe bet you don't know how to change your oil. Or, do you watch YouTube videos and ask forum member how to start your car too?

You've had this vehicle for a couple months at best. Slow down bud, you know very little about it. And, how do I know that? Because I've seen your posts on here. Eventually I am sure you will get to know more, but as of now you do not appear to know anything substantial.
So what? It's a new truck and I want to learn about it but it has nothing to do with my credentials of the past ( I listed them all in here somewhere but you seem to know all about me....lol). I don't know why you would even want to bring it up.:shrug:

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So what? It's a new truck and I want to learn about it but it has nothing to do with my credentials of the past ( I listed them all in here somewhere but you seem to know all about me....lol). I don't know why you would even want to bring it up.:shrug:

I don't know why either of you decided to revive this crap with me... but yet here we are still

And clearly your reading comprehension isn't strong. I acknowledged its a new truck to you and you are still learning... Maybe if you acknowledged that within yourself you wouldn't feel so wounded by the statement.

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know why either of you decided to revive this crap with me... but yet here we are still

And clearly your reading comprehension isn't strong. I acknowledged its a new truck to you and you are still learning... Maybe if you acknowledged that within yourself you wouldn't feel so wounded by the statement.
You make no sense at all. Go bug someone else...……….

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You make no sense at all. Go bug someone else...……….

it makes me feel good to see your virtual tears and hurt feelings, so maybe I'll just stay right here.....

again, you and your clown friend are the ones who revived a 3 week old post. On Saturday when you clowns revived it, it would've been on page 4 of this forum (i checked out of curiosity); meaning it took effort to do this.

if you didn't want to hear from me, maybe you should've done like you did for the last 3 weeks and left me the F alone

Last edited:
OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it makes me feel good to see your virtual tears and hurt feelings, so maybe I'll just stay right here.....

again, you and your clown friend are the ones who revived a 3 week old post. On Saturday when you clowns revived it, it would've been on page 4 of this forum (i checked out curiosity); meaning it took effort to do this.

if you didn't want to hear from me, maybe you should've done like you did for the last 3 weeks and left me the F alone
I didn't revive it, it was revived and I saw it...………..unfortunately.