Car Fax - Does it really give you much info about the vehicle ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it makes me feel good to see your virtual tears and hurt feelings, so maybe I'll just stay right here.....

again, you and your clown friend are the ones who revived a 3 week old post. On Saturday when you clowns revived it, it would've been on page 4 of this forum (i checked out curiosity); meaning it took effort to do this.

if you didn't want to hear from me, maybe you should've done like you did for the last 3 weeks and left me the F alone
I can't answer why I didn't see the post previously. When it popped up that day I was a bit upset that I didn't see it right after you responded because I love to respond 2 people like you. You're right. You certainly won't make any friends here. But of course it won't do us any good to tell you to buzz off because you will pull your I think I'll just stay because I want to.
That is how it works on these forms. I will stay here and continue to post the way I want to post....because I want to.
You read a lot into an inference lot out of what I post.
I find judgemental people and arrogant ones often do this.

I never once said I was better than anyone else but I have often said I am better at doing a thing or have a better way of doing things than other people.

I complain about YouTube videos all the time because most all them either do things the wrong way or the hard way.

You're just on here making friends, kicking ass and taking names... Calling people all kinds of rude phrases and names as you go along.

I don't really get my ******* in a bunch too much online because you can't accomplish anything. I will repeatedly, Ad nauseam repeat my opinions and personal preferences though when someone wants to disagree or tell me they're wrong.
My personal preferences can't be wrong. Nor can yours. They are individual and they are right for that person.

In person to person contact it's much different though. People are no longer keyboard Warriors and are not nearly as rude to your face or at least they might start that way but when you give them the look they almost always change their tune.
Let's just say that from our very short little three to four volleys back and forth here... We wouldn't make it long in person.
Our being in the same vicinity of each other would end very quickly.
What was left in the wake, could vary but we certainly wouldn't have any future contact intentionally.

As I stated before, I'm on these forms for enjoyment, relaxation, and to kill time.
I don't know what your goals are or if you have any by being a member and posting on a form. There are plenty of people that look for years and never even post. They just use them for a resource.

So I guess, if you just want to play Billy badass and condemn people and act superior.....Whatever floats your boat.

I don't like boats or water really but I do know I'm still quite the badass so I don't need to live vicariously on a forum.
I do know that when I say something it is almost always extremely true.
I tried to be very careful and preface my comments with I feel, I think or believe Etc when I'm just giving my opinions so people won't take it that I'm trying to say that's the way it is every time.
There's plenty of things that I've never done to certain models of cars or engines but when I tell someone that I've done lots of something or even one of something, that means I did it.

I ruffle feathers all the time because every time somebody talks about buying expensive brand name parts I'm critical of it.
I have very rarely bought any Motorcraft brand or box Parts in my life except for spark plugs and if you stand or 5 prong relay is because I was getting them for under $6 from the dealer so that was a bargain.
I wouldn't pay you $2 extra for a Motorcraft air filter but I do use solely Motorcraft oil filters on my forwards because you're such a good value at Walmart.
Buying brake pads from a dealer or factory OEM brand is absurd in my opinion.
Notice I didn't say they were better or worse but I feel, there's that phrase, that bang-for-the-buck is terrible.

I don't know how we got off on the wrong foot oh wait yes it was twofold.
Firstly, or maybe it was secondly, I may have them confused. You didn't like my off-topic rambling about Carfax and the accuracy or completeness of it or using it to make a determination on whether to buy a car or not... And then you somehow took offense because I probably criticized people who don't change their own oil or talked at least a little bit bad about people spending so much money for repairs.
If the Crooked ass shops weren't such an overprice rip-off I wouldn't even have a problem with people taking cars there but when the price difference is so extreme I can't fathom it.

And let me set you straight on one thing there mr. Corporate lawyer... I don't go running to anyone if I can't fix something on a vehicle.
I started doing repair work on cars between 8 and 10 years old it only a couple of times in my youth was it necessary to take a car to a shop to have it fixed and a couple of other times I had to ask someone else for help.
Over the years, and especially with reference repair manuals and then online resources I have been able to do all of my own repairs.
I have pulled and installed multiple engines by myself in 2019 alone.
I may have not taken the ASC Certified test for things like air conditioning but I can guarantee you I will do better on it the 90% of certified mechanics would if we were to take the test today.

There are vehicles I choose not to own because I simply don't want to have to learn about those and have to fix some of those things so I don't have them and you won't see me running to or taking my cars anywhere to get them worked on.

We just counted the other day and currently there are 10 vehicles, two sport bikes, and two dirt bikes at our home that I do all the maintenance and repairs on.

I can almost guarantee you that your oil gets changed more often than mine because frankly, I don't enjoy doing it, it's annoying, and a menial task so I stretch it longer than I probably should.
That's a different story that I actually I posted one time but I don't believe it was on this forum.

Where I took a vehicle and did very few oil changes on it and ended up having a motor fail, probably not because of my actual maintenance but mostly because of the previous owners first 86000 miles with it.
But anyway, when all was said and done with my cost and the hours spent swapping the engine, I did the math versus doing a mere two oil changes per year.... and it was a wash financially.
Sounds amazing but it's absolutely true. If you want to dispute it I can go pull up the actual numbers and tell you exactly how it went.

It's similar 2 people buying a new lawn mower.
Most most repair shops would have you believe he should take it in annually and get it serviced.
Lawn mowers are not like cars.
They are very forgiving and unless you run them low on oil it doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

If two people both go out and buy a brand new lawn mower for $400 today and one person takes it in every year for an annual service and one person does nothing until the mower will not start or not cut their grass.
The person who neglects the mower and uses if 3-4 Seasons before it stops cutting and then goes and buys a new one will be financially ahead of the game and have a brand new Mower on his fourth or fifth year whereas the person who takes it to the shop spending the average price of 104 to $148 per year will still have his same old and fairly beat up weathered mower and will still have spent enough money to have bought a new one.

I accidentally had the situation occur with a 6 year old vehicle I purchased with 86000 Miles when the engine blew at 133500.

So go ahead and ***** about my post or off-topic or whatever else you choose but I said it ...and it's true.

Last edited:

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't answer why I didn't see the post previously. When it popped up that day I was a bit upset that I didn't see it right after you responded because I love to respond 2 people like you. You're right. You certainly won't make any friends here. But of course it won't do us any good to tell you to buzz off because you will pull your I think I'll just stay because I want to.
That is how it works on these forms. I will stay here and continue to post the way I want to post....because I want to.
You read a lot into an inference lot out of what I post.
I find judgemental people and arrogant ones often do this.

I never once said I was better than anyone else but I have often said I am better at doing a thing or have a better way of doing things than other people.

I complain about YouTube videos all the time because most all them either do things the wrong way or the hard way.

You're just on here making friends, kicking ass and taking names... Calling people all kinds of rude phrases and names as you go along.

I don't really get my ******* in a bunch too much online because you can't accomplish anything. I will repeatedly, Ad nauseam repeat my opinions and personal preferences though when someone wants to disagree or tell me they're wrong.
My personal preferences can't be wrong. Nor can yours. They are individual and they are right for that person.

In person to person contact it's much different though. People are no longer keyboard Warriors and are not nearly as rude to your face or at least they might start that way but when you give them the look they almost always change their tune.
Let's just say that from our very short little three to four volleys back and forth here... We wouldn't make it long in person.
Our being in the same vicinity of each other would end very quickly.
What was left in the wake, could vary but we certainly wouldn't have any future contact intentionally.

As I stated before, I'm on these forms for enjoyment, relaxation, and to kill time.
I don't know what your goals are or if you have any by being a member and posting on a form. There are plenty of people that look for years and never even post. They just use them for a resource.

So I guess, if you just want to play Billy badass and condemn people and act superior.....Whatever floats your boat.

I don't like boats or water really but I do know I'm still quite the badass so I don't need to live vicariously on a forum.
I do know that when I say something it is almost always extremely true.
I tried to be very careful and preface my comments with I feel, I think or believe Etc when I'm just giving my opinions so people won't take it that I'm trying to say that's the way it is every time.
There's plenty of things that I've never done to certain models of cars or engines but when I tell someone that I've done lots of something or even one of something, that means I did it.

I ruffle feathers all the time because every time somebody talks about buying expensive brand name parts I'm critical of it.
I have very rarely bought any Motorcraft brand or box Parts in my life except for spark plugs and if you stand or 5 prong relay is because I was getting them for under $6 from the dealer so that was a bargain.
I wouldn't pay you $2 extra for a Motorcraft air filter but I do use solely Motorcraft oil filters on my forwards because you're such a good value at Walmart.
Buying brake pads from a dealer or factory OEM brand is absurd in my opinion.
Notice I didn't say they were better or worse but I feel, there's that phrase, that bang-for-the-buck is terrible.

I don't know how we got off on the wrong foot oh wait yes it was twofold.
Firstly, or maybe it was secondly, I may have them confused. You didn't like my off-topic rambling about Carfax and the accuracy or completeness of it or using it to make a determination on whether to buy a car or not... And then you somehow took offense because I probably criticized people who don't change their own oil or talked at least a little bit bad about people spending so much money for repairs.
If the Crooked ass shops weren't such an overprice rip-off I wouldn't even have a problem with people taking cars there but when the price difference is so extreme I can't fathom it.

And let me set you straight on one thing there mr. Corporate lawyer... I don't go running to anyone if I can't fix something on a vehicle.
I started doing repair work on cars between 8 and 10 years old it only a couple of times in my youth was it necessary to take a car to a shop to have it fixed and a couple of other times I had to ask someone else for help.
Over the years, and especially with reference repair manuals and then online resources I have been able to do all of my own repairs.
I have pulled and installed multiple engines by myself in 2019 alone.
I may have not taken the ASC Certified test for things like air conditioning but I can guarantee you I will do better on it the 90% of certified mechanics would if we were to take the test today.

There are vehicles I choose not to own because I simply don't want to have to learn about those and have to fix some of those things so I don't have them and you won't see me running to or taking my cars anywhere to get them worked on.

We just counted the other day and currently there are 10 vehicles, two sport bikes, and two dirt bikes at our home that I do all the maintenance and repairs on.

I can almost guarantee you that your oil gets changed more often than mine because frankly, I don't enjoy doing it, it's annoying, and a menial task so I stretch it longer than I probably should.
That's a different story that I actually I posted one time but I don't believe it was on this forum.

Where I took a vehicle and did very few oil changes on it and ended up having a motor fail, probably not because of my actual maintenance but mostly because of the previous owners first 86000 miles with it.
But anyway, when all was said and done with my cost and the hours spent swapping the engine, I did the math versus doing a mere two oil changes per year.... and it was a wash financially.
Sounds amazing but it's absolutely true. If you want to dispute it I can go pull up the actual numbers and tell you exactly how it went.

It's similar 2 people buying a new lawn mower.
Most most repair shops would have you believe he should take it in annually and get it serviced.
Lawn mowers are not like cars.
They are very forgiving and unless you run them low on oil it doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

If two people both go out and buy a brand new lawn mower for $400 today and one person takes it in every year for an annual service and one person does nothing until the mower will not start or not cut their grass.
The person who neglects the mower and uses if 3-4 Seasons before it stops cutting and then goes and buys a new one will be financially ahead of the game and have a brand new Mower on his fourth or fifth year whereas the person who takes it to the shop spending the average price of 104 to $148 per year will still have his same old and fairly beat up weathered mower and will still have spent enough money to have bought a new one.

I accidentally had the situation occur with a 6 year old vehicle I purchased with 86000 Miles when the engine blew at 133500.

So go ahead and ***** about my post or off-topic or whatever else you choose but I said it ...and it's true.

I didn’t read that ridiculously long dissertation on why you don’t care....can you cliffs note it please? Thanks!

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's a suggestion.

Both of you stop acting like "my dad will beat your dad" etc.... and just act like grown men.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn’t read that ridiculously long dissertation on why you don’t care....can you cliffs note it please? Thanks!
Nope. I do what I do. You are free to read or scroll or respond.

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's a suggestion.

Both of you stop acting like "my dad will beat your dad" etc.... and just act like grown men.

You're right....he's all over this forum doing this crap everywhere, I should've known better than to engage to begin with

but when someone digs up a 3 week old post to re-pick a fight with you, its hard to leave it alone....

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's a suggestion.

But you should really read the posts to get a better feel for it. Not really a lot of my dad's better than yours or I'm better than you but definitely some I'm more important and I make more money than you therefore my time is more valuable on his side.
Certainly a lot of derogatory, condescending, and name-calling coming from posts.

All I do is state my experiences, preferences, or observations.
I don't need a response to everything I post nor do I ask a lot of questions that would warrant a response and often I'm carrying on conversations with other members but it seems that some people feel the need interject or play some selves in the conversation if only to criticize and complain about the fact that they don't like what is being discussed or how it is being discussed.
There's some self-importance or at least some self-important opinions there.

Remember, even in the first response to me in this thread dot-dot-dot it was to say that they don't normally respond but they just felt the overwhelming need to say how disgusted they were with my post and to somehow put me in my place.

That's funny right there.
Making the world a better place... Straightening out one improper Forum poster at a time!

I got some ideas as to what they can do.

Hmmm, seems that happens quite often in the online world and by certain types of people.
Interesting...

Dum da dah....
Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice
I'm the Ghost with the most babe!
Hakuna Matata and fugetaboutit...
Smooth Up In Ya
Carfax carfox carpossum raccoon...
Slugbug!!
Hippy Hippy Shake

Ta ta for now....

Oh, I almost forgot my new recently invented Internet action...

FLUSH!!!
Down like with another load of social media crap.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You're right....he's all over this forum doing this crap everywhere, I should've known better than to engage to begin with

but when someone digs up a 3 week old post to re-pick a fight with you, its hard to leave it alone....

Maybe she should get your facts and your timelines correct. I didn't revive a three-week-old thread that's simply the day that I read the thread and trust me, I responded to it immediately after I read it.

I never responded to you directly or quoted any of your texts until you quoted me to pick the fight with me because in your first post you you specifically pointed out that you usually don't bother to respond but you did to make sure that I was told that you just don't like my posting style or my off-topic rant.

Would you like me to cut and paste your quote for you?

You responded to me directly criticizing or complaining about my posting Style.
I'm not sure if I had ever responded to you or quoted your text previously or not? I may have as I do, when I'm offering a Counterpoint or an alternative possibility to someone's post.

You, are the first one to come into this thread with a condescending, derogatory, tone directly towards another member. Then you did it with 07 Navi also.
You are the one with a chip on your shoulder who seems to feel the need to put people in their place and respond to their post that weren't even directed or addressed to you.

General comments toward people not working on their own cars are not directed to you personally but you felt the need to come in and justify why you take your vehicle in for oil changes and then criticize and make fun of others for running to the same garages when they get in over their head or can't fix their own vehicles.

Spin it however you want and complain at will but I have observed exactly how the series of events played out.

If I were a moderator on this forum, I would have already warned you, put you in time out, or booted you right off the forum. This forum is highly lenient and tolerant. Other forums that I frequent on a daily basis would not have allowed such disrespect toward other four members.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But by the way, make sure you respond to my last post and dismiss it with an "I'm not reading all of that" post. Trust me, that's not an original reply.

It's all on topic and exactly the series of events.

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score

No, you instigated it by calling Toby names and running him down unnecessarily.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett